Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Where to Order? Where is the Best Online Site For Buying Hay Cheaply (In Bulk)?

CC Cookie Dough

Cavy Slave
I would like to buy hay online in bulk. I currently am using the website Small Pet Select to buy my hay. I would like to buy in bulk (50lb bags/boxes of hay). Small Pet Select only lets you buy 60lb boxes of hay (which is fine if that's what I need to get/that is my best option, but I would rather buy 50lbs at a time). Small Pet Select charges you $79.99 for 60lbs of 2nd cutting perfect blend timothy hay.

Is there a better website I can use (that has high quality hay and lower prices than Small Pet Select) to buy hay in bulk?

you could check drs. foster and smith...they sell 50lb boxes of oxbow hay and have sales now and again.

i just recently bought 45lbs of hay from KMS Hayloft and it cost me $62 with shipping and its the most wonderful hay. if you go with KMS it will cost you a bit more as your farther east in vermont from KMS(their in washington state) then me in KS but its some of the best hay you will ever find.

I 2nd the recommendation for KMS. I live in the same state so shipping isn't that bad, but honestly the hay is so lovely and while it doesn't come in 50+ pound boxes, they still have 40-45 pounds of the stuff, depending on which hay you order.

Petfooddirect.com also has sales once in awhile. I check out all the hay retailers regularly and watch for free shipping when it's on sale. The two that usually have the best prices when they're on sale are Drs. Foster & Smith and Petfooddirect. I can usually get 50 lbs of timothy for about $46-$49 and 50 lbs orchard grass around $55 to $58 with free shipping. The quality of hay is determined by the crop for the year.

you could check drs. foster and smith...they sell 50lb boxes of oxbow hay and have sales now and again.

if you go with KMS it will cost you a bit more as your farther east in vermont from KMS(their in washington state) then me in KS but its some of the best hay you will ever find.

I'm currently getting my food pellets from drs foster and smith. I hadn't looked into their hay too much because their shipping takes longer than Small Pet Select and their prices seem to be higher more often than Small Pet Select's (but I may be wrong about their prices for hay). Also, I am interested in buying timothy hay. I know oxbow is a brand, but is their hay oxbow kind (meaning is that a kind of hay) or does the oxbow brand sell timothy hay?

I've looked at KMS before and didn't want to try it because I'm so far away from them and shipping wouldn't be good. Also they just seemed a bit scattered and unreliable to me, but that's just my opinion. It seemed like they weren't able to consistently have a variety of kinds of hay at any given time since they're such a small company.

I live in the same state so shipping isn't that bad, but honestly the hay is so lovely and while it doesn't come in 50+ pound boxes, they still have 40-45 pounds of the stuff, depending on which hay you order.

I live far away so shipping wouldn't be good for me. Also, I'm looking for 50lb boxes so if they couldn't do that amount for the type I wanted (2nd cutting timothy hay) then they wouldn't be a good option for me.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.