Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rehoming Need to rehome my 2 girls- Madison, Wisconsin

frillint

Cavy Slave
I am so upset I have to do this but I don't have a choice. I love my girls so much but right now I'm homeless as my parents kicked me out of their house because they both assaulted me when they were intoxicated and they went to jail. Everything is much more complicated than that but that's the basic They said my girls can stay there for now but I need to find them a good home asap. They said they will feed and water them but not clean their cage. Which i usually do once a week. I dont want them to go to just anyone. They mean a lot to me. Please help me find them a good home now!

Here's my craigslist post:(broken link removed)

Lady Amelia

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry to hear of your misfortune. I'm sending you and your girls love! I hope you are able to find someone to take them or even foster them until your life gets turned right side up.

just8be8free

Cavy Slave
I would love to buy them (I even checked the distance from where I live to you) but unfortunately I live in Australia, it's just way too fat. I am sorry to hear about what happened and hope everything gets better. xxx

Last edited:

PandaPiggle

Cavy Slave
I wish you were near NC, I'd take them in a heartbeat, but you're too far away :(

just8be8free

Cavy Slave
I would love to buy them (I even checked the distance from where I live to you) but unfortunately I live in Australia, it's just way too fat. I am sorry to hear about what happened and hope everything gets better. xxx

**far

pinky

Cavy Slave
I think your guinea pigs are at as much risk now as you were when you were staying with your parents. I'd get them out of there, asap, even if you have to surrender them to a rescue. The Baraboo Guinea Pig Rescue is right outside of Madison. It's nearby and the safest place you can take them.

ClemmyOddieIndy

Cavy Slave
Exactly what pinky said. You need to get your pigs to safety, and that probably means surrendering them to a rescue or shelter.

frillint

Cavy Slave
I wanted to find them a good home that they could have their cage and hopefully someone that wouldn't mind if I came to see them. I love them so much and I wish I didn't have to rehome them. I've had Bella for 7 years and I named Emma her name because my previous boy was really sick and he passed away I had him since birth his name was darwin. So I named Emma that because Charles Darwin wife was named Emma so it was kinda of a neat fit. God thus saddens me so much to think I'll never see them again but they need a good home

pinky

Cavy Slave
I wanted to find them a good home that they could have their cage and hopefully someone that wouldn't mind if I came to see them. I love them so much and I wish I didn't have to rehome them. I've had Bella for 7 years and I named Emma her name because my previous boy was really sick and he passed away I had him since birth his name was darwin. So I named Emma that because Charles Darwin wife was named Emma so it was kinda of a neat fit. God thus saddens me so much to think I'll never see them again but they need a good home

Ask the rescue to give your contact info to the person who takes them. You can stipulate that they have to be rehomed with their cage so it'll be an easier transition for them. Whenever I've adopted a guinea pig from craigslist, I always ask if they want updates on them.

BaconAndEggs

Cavy Slave
Sending good wishes to you and your piggies-and I hope everything works out for you too. I'm so sorry. Good luck, and don't give up hope!

frillint

Cavy Slave
Thank you so much everyone. I may have found someone but I need to talk with her more so we will see what comes of it

just8be8free

Cavy Slave
That's great; hope all goes well [emoji106]

frillint

Cavy Slave
It didn't dang it!!! :(

just8be8free

Cavy Slave
Don't worry you'll find them a good home soon. Have hope xx

ClemmyOddieIndy

Cavy Slave
Do you have an estimate on the time frame for when you will no longer be homeless? Maybe someone in WI might be willing to temporarily foster if this is a short term situation.

Cheshire Cats

Cavy Slave
I truly hope you are OK also and have the ability to access resources for yourself (I'm a social worker with teens in Philly in addition to being a grandmother to 2 little piggy girls). Sending so many healing vibes your way. I'm so sorry for your trauma and potential loss of your girls. You might want to look into domestic violence resources in Madison also -- many such places have pet rescues attached to them and understand family violence. I realize you're not exactly in domestic violence, but those are the most knowledge folks in situations like yours. All the best to you and your piggies.

Lagertha

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry for your situation :(
Not just your pigs. but you as well! I cannot imagine going through that!

If I was closer by (I'm in CA) I would take them or at least try and help find a forever home/foster home for them for you!
I hope everything works out and you can even maybe get them back eventually! If you surrender them to the rescue maybe you could tell them your situation and see if they can foster them until you can take them back?

pawner69

Cavy Slave
I am in Eau Claire which is still quite a ways away but if you don't find anyone, I could take them in. Maybe we could meet in the middle somewhere. I currently have 4 piggies so 2 more would just fit right in. Keep me in mind if all else fails. Then once you get your own personal situation straightened out, you could always take them back if you wanted.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.