Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Diet Your Piggies Daily Veggie Mix

simplyypiggies

Cavy Slave
I just wanted to see a picture of your daily veggie mix or if you could post what you feed your piggies would be great too!
I want to provide my piggies with a better variety so I just want to get some ideas of good veggie mixes :)

Thanks to everyone who posts! :D

louihannan

Cavy Slave
I don't have a picture because unfortunately it's already in my piggies' bellies, but tonight they got orange bell pepper, romaine, and an organic spring mix. Every night I do one leafy green (usually romaine or spinach), either a second leafy green, a green veggie like cucumber or celery, or carrots (occasionally fruits or berries), and something with vitamin C like bell peppers or kale. Every night I make sure they get their leafy greens, vitamin C, and then something of variety to keep them interested. Oh, and also, my pigs go nuts over cantaloupe, but of course it is sugary so they don't get it often.

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Mine get green or red leaf lettuce twice a day. I mix in baby carrot, cherry tomato, cucumber, celery, bell pepper, and sometimes radicchio, Belgian endive, cilantro, dandelion greens, spinach, or parsley occasionally as a treat. And they each get a bit of fruit occasionally.

Kenna18155

Cavy Slave
Mine get romaine or green leaf lettuce for breakfast (I'm in a hurry getting ready for school, no time to make a salad). For dinner, they get a baby carrot each, some bell pepper, and whatever we have in the fridge, then the rest of the cup is filled with lettuce (usually not much). They also get TONS of grass around evening.

simplyypiggies

Cavy Slave
Mhmm! Thank you everyone who posted! :D I think I am going to start giving my girls green leaf lettuce because they seem to only like that part of the romaine lettuce anyways lol :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.