Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Stones Possibility of Stones/UTI

SLovesPigs

Cavy Slave
Two days ago I saw my 2 1/2 year old female (her name is Bubbles) making a squeaking noise with a little kicking motion in her back legs. I know this is a classic sign of something going on in the genital area. My question is, does it definitely mean something serious (stones/UTI) is happening? I'm asking because she's only done it once and she seems to have been eating and drinking and acting normally since then.

I do have a vet appointment for her but our vet is ~40 minutes away so I'd rather know now if I should take her in.

I wouldn't take her in for having done it once, but I'd definitely watch her like a hawk to see if it's happening on a regular basis. If she's squeaking when peeing and/or pooping, then get her into an exotic vet and ask for x-rays.

I wouldn't take her in for having done it once, but I'd definitely watch her like a hawk to see if it's happening on a regular basis. If she's squeaking when peeing and/or pooping, then get her into an exotic vet and ask for x-rays.

Thanks. I think I'll watch her for a couple more days and then cancel the appointment.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.