Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

UK Need grids/cubes and coroplast but cant find anywhere in England!

Codieh

Cavy Slave
I'm looking to make my first ever C&C cage for my three girlies, though it'll have to be split half way through as currently one of them don't get along with my 8 week old guinea pig.

Does anyone know decent places that are cheap ish which sell the grids/cubes and coroplast is it? I can't seem to find the coroplast anywhere, let alone the grids/cubes. Only reason I'm saying cheap ish is I've currently got family problems in which we're currently low on money but my girlies need a bigger place to run around in etc.

I don't drive, so it needs to be online stores. I have found this: (broken link removed) but it's a bit expensive... And well out of my budget at the moment.

I'd also need to find some sort of fleecing? Where would I be able to find this in the UK?

I'm looking to make a 2x8 C&C cage (I'm not sure on this as it's my first time with a C&C cage)

You probably can't buy coroplast on line because the shipping would be prohibitive because of the size. But I think it's called correx there, so googling it might turn up something. There's also a searchable database over at Guinea Pig Zone, and you might find something there. Or, you can use a shower curtain, lineoleum, or anything waterproof on the bottom. You just have to protect it so the pigs won't eat it.

Fleece is available at fabric stores.

I still think you can put that eight week old in with the others. It's VERY rare for sows not to accept a baby, and a little squabbling is to be expected.

You probably can't buy coroplast on line because the shipping would be prohibitive because of the size. But I think it's called correx there, so googling it might turn up something. There's also a searchable database over at Guinea Pig Zone, and you might find something there. Or, you can use a shower curtain, lineoleum, or anything waterproof on the bottom. You just have to protect it so the pigs won't eat it.

Fleece is available at fabric stores.

I still think you can put that eight week old in with the others. It's VERY rare for sows not to accept a baby, and a little squabbling is to be expected.
Thank-you for this. And I put her in with them, only one of them accepted her though... My other one ended up biting her causing her to bleed so I removed her from the cage immediately...

I have found Correx and the cubes/grids and it's got about 26 cubes/grids & 32 connectors for like £35.99 and the Correx: £15.40 Thanks everyone for your advice etc, I'll be buying this the end of next month when I have a bit more money and can then make my first C&C cage!
I've also gone an bought some fleeces ready for when I build my C&C cage... c; Thanks everyone.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.