Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Animal Welfare Seriously. Offensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigslave1

Cavy Slave
Alright. I know very well that guinea pigs should have a friend, but I am very very sick of how guinea pig cages almost hate people who only have one. Just because you can't afford, can't have, or aren't able to own another guinea pig doesn't mean that they are a bad person. I feel very offended. OK, I get it that you should, but guinea pigs aren't people. God made them to be animals and animals need a friend, but I am offended. If you feel differntly, please reply.

I think if you can't afford two you probably can't afford one. But to each his (or her) own.

I agree with pigmommy89. The daily upkeep of two is pretty much identical to only having one. You just need a larger cage (and honestly, no single pig should be kept in a cage smaller than 8sq feet, which is also the bare minimum for 2 anyway) and a bit extra in the emergency vet fund.

If someone can't afford what is best for the animal (and for a social, herd animal... a friend is best) they probably shouldn't have the animal. That's my opinion on that one.

Enough said. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.