Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Canada Anyone shop with Flower Town Chinchillas in Ontario?

miniver

Cavy Slave
I found them on-line while I was looking for a supplier for Oxbow orchard grass. PetValu only carries the small bags and can't order the larger ones. This company is in Brampton, Ont. which is not far from me. Anyone shop there or on-line? How's the quality? Anyone use the JoJo Premium hay brands?

Thanks?

miniver

Cavy Slave
Two thumbs up.

I placed an order on Monday and it was at my front door on Friday. To me that is acceptable. I don’t need anything faster.

Here’s my order:
40 oz Oxbow orchard grass (yeah! A bigger bag)
40 oz Oxbow timothy
15 oz Oxbow organic meadow hay
15 oz JoJo Premium orchard grass
5 lb Oxbow Cavy Cuisine
And a large willow tunnel (Christmaspresent for my piggies!)

Total, with taxes and shipping was around $77. Yes, I know it’s cheaper to find a farmer but I can’t store a bale in my house and it's eaiser to sit in my living room and click a button.

All the hay is long, green, aromatic and all round wonderful. Unfortunately, my girls aren’t crazy about the JoJo’s even though it looks and smells great to me. I think I’ll mix it in with the Oxbow and see if they adjust. The price is great.

I will definitely order from them again.

I almost forgot the link, if anyone is interested.
https://www.chinchilla.ca/

sallyvh

Cavy Slave
I wish I would have seen this thread earlier as I would have commented!

I love flowertown, shipping is fast and reasonable. I purchased my midwest cages from them and my roommate buys her rats lab blocks from there.

I'm not sure where you're located in Southern Ontario but I found great hay at a pets supply store called Ren's Pet Depot (they do not sell live pets). There are locations in Guelph, Burlington, Waterdown, Kitchener, Waterloo, Oakville and Woodbridge. You can also order online and they have free shipping on orders over $60 I believe.

You mention you can't store big bales but you can get 9lb boxes which are not big at all as it's compressed! It's only $29.99 for the 9 lbs of either orchard grass or timothy hay. It's a much better deal than the 40oz bags and the boxes are about the size of 1 and half 40oz bags. In the long run it would save you a lot!

miniver

Cavy Slave
Thanks, I'll check out Ren's.
I'm originally from Waterloo but I live in Newmarket right now.

I ordered the 40oz bags to try them out. Now that I'm happy with the service and quality, I'll definitely order the bigger boxes.

sallyvh

Cavy Slave
Ren's is my absolute favourite petstore. It's where I purchase almost all my supplies. They have amazing customer service too. I switched my pigs to oxbow orchard grass which is not a product of Ren's but they special ordered a box for me. 50lbs of beautiful Orchard grass cost only $60!

Guinea.Girl

Cavy Slave
I shop at Rens as well - so much cheaper to buy 50lbs of hay and they have the lowest price on cavy cuisine that I have ever seen!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.