Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rabbits What breed is my rabbit?

PennyandPanda

Cavy Gazer
Panda is 1 1/2 or 2 years old. He only has dark grey on his ears, eyes, a spot in his back, tail, and near his nose. We know nothing of him because he appeared in a friends yard and we took him in. Our vet. couldn't tell want breed he was but did say he might be crossed and possibly a dwarf or just a small regular rabbit. He weights just 4.1 pounds.

Attachments

panda 3.jpg panda 2.jpg panda 1.jpg panda.jpg

Tarams

Cavy Slave
Hot tot mix?

CavyLover94

Cavy Slave
Run-of-the-mill mixbreed. The color pattern is referred to as broken, which appears as a recognized variety in a huge number of breeds. My phone has poor picture quality as far as color, but he does appear to be a Broken Blue as far as color goes. No defining characteristics to even make a good guess at his breed mix though.

So, a Heinz 57 bun. :)

aqh88

Cavy Slave
It could be a poorly bred hotot but you can get that broken pattern by crossing 2 heavily white brokens of any breed instead of the hotot genes. Unless you go to a show breeder 99% of whats sold are small breed mutts so that is far more likely.

Rabbit_Lover

Cavy Slave
That color is what is considered Charlie, which is unshowable. It is possible the breeder dumped him because he is an auto DQ on the show table.

pinky

Cavy Slave
No matter what breed he is or isn't, I think he's adorable.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.