Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sewing Business. How to Start One?

NarwhalsRock

Cavy Slave
I was thinking about starting a business in which I make guinea pig cage liners, cuddle cups, cuddle sacks, or anything else guinea pig related. I have no idea where to start, or if it's even practical. I want to make some money for vet costs, and when I get a car.

Does anybody have any experience with this, or have any tips/ideas?

I really need some advice, since the Internet has failed me for the first time! It's pretty specialized, and I have no idea if anybody off of this forum would buy some.

MissJean

Cavy Slave
It is specialized and you'd have plenty of competition. If you're able to make things that are high enough quality I'm sure you could sell some. I just wouldn't go into it with high hopes of making a killing off it. There's also on and off periods of purchases.

As an example, a popular seller I frequent on Etsy might have an entire week when nothing sells. Perhaps the next week one or two items sell. Then, the third week, she could have 10 things snatched up. She's also been in service for quite a while.

NarwhalsRock

Cavy Slave
@MissJean Thanks! I'm not expecting to make hundreds a month. I would love to be able to pay for fleece, and have a little left over so the next time the piggies need a check up, the cash is there! My mom and best friend are both very into sewing, so they'll be ECSTATIC to hear that I want to sew! :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.