Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I'm addicted...to this terrible terrible thing

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I have seen most of the episodes everyone is talking about. The one that made me cringe the most is definitely the lady who eat's her husbands ashes, and the lady who drank her own urine is coming second is place.
And I have never eaten one of them before, .-. I always see the commercials though, I'm not really a big fan of chocolate.

Aleks

Cavy Slave
I missed glass and bullet guy, but I saw the rocks. Ugh!!!

I always wonder how much that show is exaggerated, but I do know they go to real locations. The "furry" girl lives where one of my nieces lives, and the bowling alley she goes to is right across the street from my old high school. We actually got to take bowling in gym and would walk across the road in our goofy gym uniforms. The state park she went to was also just as portrayed, although I never saw any furries running around there. Only odd thing I ever saw there was some very friendly, very drunk people trying to get my husband and I to join them in their BBQ meal.

I didn't see the 'furry' girl. That's pretty crazy that she lives so close to you though! Maybe she wasn't actually a furry, though? Since you've never seen any furries in that area, i mean. Every show is staged a little bit so it really wouldn't surprise me if an episode like that was fake. :p

Rhinos_mom

Cavy Slave
I feel like.... the best Easter candy is Peeps.... i can eat lots of those. they're so horribly amazing. Marshmallows covered in colored sugar? Yes! The purple bunnies are the best. i swear. they taste better than all the others. ;P

AussiePiggies

Cavy Slave
I remember that one! Downright creepy. And what's she going to do when she eats him completely?

LMAO OMG yes! I often wonder what she eats now! She HAS to have run out by now.... I am imagining a CL add looking to buy unwanted urns...
I haven't seen the balloon guy yet rofl!

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
I didn't see the 'furry' girl. That's pretty crazy that she lives so close to you though! Maybe she wasn't actually a furry, though? Since you've never seen any furries in that area, i mean. Every show is staged a little bit so it really wouldn't surprise me if an episode like that was fake. :p
It's been many, many, many years since high school and bowling over there for me, and I moved from IL to FL in the meantime, so it's very possible she runs around there regularly. My family all still lives over there, so I'll have to ask them if they've ever seen her. There's definitely staging, though. It's so totally set up how they always have a friend or loved one confront them after they reveal their secret to someone, just like long-estranged family members always showing up on Hoarders.

I actually got to see how a reality show is filmed last weekend. I was covering a festival at Raglan Road, a restaurant at Disney, which included interviewing a family band called the Willis Clan. It's 12 kids ranging from 2 to 20, and they're all amazingly talented. Heck, the two year old did an Irish dance 1000 times better than I could ever hope to. They just got their own reality show, so the cameras were following them around all night, and it was so funny to see the camera men running around after them. I can't wait to see that episode. It will be weird to know I was there and interesting to see what they edit it into. The kids were great to interview. Just so totally nice and regular.

madelineelaine

Cavy Slave
@mufasa I love that show! My mom won't record it though, she cancels it every single time -.-

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
@mufasa I love that show! My mom won't record it though, she cancels it every single time -.-
I usually put on some TV while eating dinner, and it's "My Strange Addiction" if I happen to have an episode recorded. Always grosses out my poor husband.

Aleks

Cavy Slave
It's been many, many, many years since high school and bowling over there for me, and I moved from IL to FL in the meantime, so it's very possible she runs around there regularly. My family all still lives over there, so I'll have to ask them if they've ever seen her. There's definitely staging, though. It's so totally set up how they always have a friend or loved one confront them after they reveal their secret to someone, just like long-estranged family members always showing up on Hoarders.

I actually got to see how a reality show is filmed last weekend. I was covering a festival at Raglan Road, a restaurant at Disney, which included interviewing a family band called the Willis Clan. It's 12 kids ranging from 2 to 20, and they're all amazingly talented. Heck, the two year old did an Irish dance 1000 times better than I could ever hope to. They just got their own reality show, so the cameras were following them around all night, and it was so funny to see the camera men running around after them. I can't wait to see that episode. It will be weird to know I was there and interesting to see what they edit it into. The kids were great to interview. Just so totally nice and regular.

That sounds like it would be pretty interesting! I've always been curious as to what reality shows are actually like before they do all of the editing. :)

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
That sounds like it would be pretty interesting! I've always been curious as to what reality shows are actually like before they do all of the editing. :)
I was hoping you could see them in one of the videos, but they were really unobtrusive. Here's the video from one of my articles, and I don't even think you can see them anywhere in the whole thing because my husband was trying very hard to keep them out: Video - Click video to see highlights of Willis Clan performance - Orlando Theme Parks | Examiner.com
If you could see the whole scene, you'd see big lights set up and camera men running around to film them, get crowd shots, etc. I do have a few stills that show the camera men. They didn't set anything up that I saw (although I'm sure they do at times). It was all just genuine following the kids around.
I'm addicted...to this terrible terrible thingI'm addicted...to this terrible terrible thingI'm addicted...to this terrible terrible thing

MLT2007

Cavy Slave
I don't remember if it was on "My Strange Addiction," but one of those TLC/Discovery channel shows had a guy who was having "relations" with his car. Very odd.

SimbaDC650

Cavy Slave
not for me, i love... peanut butter cup eggs omg!

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
I don't remember if it was on "My Strange Addiction," but one of those TLC/Discovery channel shows had a guy who was having "relations" with his car. Very odd.
Yes, it was on that show. That was creepy, creepy, creepy.

ellisa

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Woohoo, got my first creme egg of the season!! I'm saving it to eat while I watch the new episode of The Walking Dead. :p

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
I'm with @SimbaDC650 - I'm all about the Reeses peanut butter and chocolate eggs. Reeses peanut butter cups and Mars bars (remember those?) have been my favorite candies for as long as I can remember.

madelineelaine

Cavy Slave
None of you would survive my intestines, sorry to say!

I'm extremely lactose intolerant, to the point where chocolate has me doubled over near death all night.

I've decided it's not worth it. I thought my insides had exploded after eating a whole terry's white chocolate orange at christmas, and I swore never again. Until mom got me a bag of hershey kisses for valentines. Then I really swore never again.

I asked for a few cream eggs for easter because they don't have a TON of chocolate ... but I'm sure I'll regret that 5 minutes after eating them.

AussiePiggies

Cavy Slave
None of you would survive my intestines, sorry to say!

I'm extremely lactose intolerant, to the point where chocolate has me doubled over near death all night.

I've decided it's not worth it. I thought my insides had exploded after eating a whole terry's white chocolate orange at christmas, and I swore never again. Until mom got me a bag of hershey kisses for valentines. Then I really swore never again.

I asked for a few cream eggs for easter because they don't have a TON of chocolate ... but I'm sure I'll regret that 5 minutes after eating them.

Oh I feel your pain! I am totally addicted to chocolate and lactose intolerant too! But I take "Lacteeze" tablets that let me eat forbidden "fruits" ;) They are Australian made but I am sure you guys would have something equivalent..
I can't believe you ate a whole WHITE choc thing! LOL! White is the worst.. even one piece kills me!!

R5 plus

Cavy Slave
I feel like.... the best Easter candy is Peeps.... i can eat lots of those. they're so horribly amazing. P

I can drive by the factory that makes them anytime I want...Jealous? :D

MLT2007

Cavy Slave
I feel like.... the best Easter candy is Peeps.... i can eat lots of those. they're so horribly amazing. Marshmallows covered in colored sugar? Yes! The purple bunnies are the best. i swear. they taste better than all the others. ;P

Stale peeps are the BEST!! I leave the package open for about 2 days before I eat them....perfect!

madelineelaine

Cavy Slave
@AussiePiggies

I'm so severely intolerant those pills don't do a lot. I have to take 27 000 units before it starts to do anything, which is 3 ultra tablets.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.