Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Top 5 Guinea Pig Accessories?

My pigs like sleeping and hiding in them mostly.

@CudsGwennyPash Yes it was a fleece tunnel that I bought from piggiepigpigs.

Those seem good in thought, however I have seen several reviews of those tunnels and know my girls won't use them. They only use them when it stay open fully and those collapse very easily. I do like her pigwam though.

Haha my boys don't care they just run right through them and sleep in them.

My pigs must not be as good as your pigs at certain things then. It isn't that they won't go through them... it is that they can't :) They can't ever figure out how to open it far enough to get into them. By the time they have it open far enough and try to run inside it folds onto itself.

My boys can't seem to figure out the pigwams or the piggy digs. They only use them when we try to pet them and they run away. Or I use them to pick them up for floor or lap time. I think they were just so used to the plastic igloos. Although they do use the piggy digs as pillows.

My boys can't seem to figure out the pigwams or the piggy digs. They only use them when we try to pet them and thet run away. Or I use them to pick them up for floor or lap time. I think they were just so used to the plastic igloos.

lol I don't understand how they don't know how to use the pigwam. It is constantly open, are they just afraid to go inside of it? It is rather small for my girls so they don't use them very often because they aren't comfortable... maybe that is why your boys don't like them?

Its actually quite big for both my boys. I just don't know (silly piggies). They're fine with them when I use them to pick them up. Its just when its in the cage I guess they prefer the open.

Sometimes I catch them in the piggy digs but very rarely.

Sometimes I catch them in the piggy digs but very rarely.

Piggy dig... she gives her stuff so many different names that I don't know what you are talking about. Is it a cuddle cup? I can't look up her site right now cause I am on my phone, but I kind of feel like it is a cuddle cup.

Haha gotta love those piggies! It is pretty funny that they all have their own preferences for all of these different tunnels and hideys- even how they use them (or don't use them!) lol

And thanks for those links, CudsGwennyPash! I feel like I've gotten so many great ideas out of our conversation! :)

Yea this is the piggy dig
Top 5 Guinea Pig Accessories?

Haha gotta love those piggies! It is pretty funny that they all have their own preferences for all of these different tunnels and hideys- even how they use them (or don't use them!) lol

And thanks for those links, CudsGwennyPash! I feel like I've gotten so many great ideas out of our conversation! :)

Your welcome, I am sure you will utilize all of the ideas and your pig will love them. By the way, what is your pigs name?

I am not sure about those for my pigs... they act like they love them some days but most days they only like to lay on top of them and pee on them. -_- Sometimes though, I will find my long haired beauty snoozing away in it.

His name is Spooky. :) It's been a long wait to bring him home! They were really nice to hang on to him for me since I didn't want to bring him home right before our week long vacation- probably too many adjustments for the little guy. I'm picking him up on the 29th, so when he is here with all of his new toys, I'll put up some pictures!

That piggy dig looks cozy! I saw on etsy that some shops make dog sized ones. I wonder if I could ever convince my dogs to go into one of those? I'm sure they'd prefer a blanket fort too!

His name is Spooky. :) It's been a long wait to bring him home! They were really nice to hang on to him for me since I didn't want to bring him home right before our week long vacation- probably too many adjustments for the little guy. I'm picking him up on the 29th, so when he is here with all of his new toys, I'll put up some pictures!

That piggy dig looks cozy! I saw on etsy that some shops make dog sized ones. I wonder if I could ever convince my dogs to go into one of those? I'm sure they'd prefer a blanket fort too!

It depends on how snuggly your dog is, if they like to curl up next to a human or under blankets than I think you could get your dog to use it. Anyways, are you only getting one pig?

I love Laura she makes so many cozy small pet beds. Here's a link to her shop. But just to let you know she's in the U.K. shop.piggiepigpigs.com

I love Laura she makes so many cozy small pet beds. Here's a link to her shop. But just to let you know she's in the U.K. (broken link removed)

Depending on where they live, I don't think it will be bad as far as shipping goes. I live in idaho, and shipping from a shop in the uk was cheaper then it was from peeweespiggypalace and she is is washington, which is only 6 hours from me. Not everyone likes to hike up the shipping prices and I find that laura is one of them, she has very reasonable shipping.

Yea it is pretty cheap I'm in Maryland. So it really does depend on where you live. I know usually when I buy something from her thats 20 dollars I spend probably only 15 at the most on shipping. Its probably less than that but I haven't gotten anything from her in a while. And I don't have the best memory lol.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.