Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C 2x5 C&C No more loft! Cute tents!

Levenn

Cavy Slave
Hey guys! I just wanted to share what my cage looked like! I changed it this morning. As the title says "No more loft!", thats because they had a 2x1 kitchen loft and ramp, I had a loft since I got my two girls so its weird seeing the cage without one. Not having the loft is going to help me save on fleece since I have to custom cut the fleece to the loft for the opening and fleece for the ramp and the spot cleaning will be easier. I noticed that my girls like to jump off the ramp when they are half way down it and I am sure constantly doing that cant be to good for them in the long run, also the ramp took up space from there running room.

There new "kitchen area" is pretty minimal and how I have it set up should still save them a lot of space, specially since I do have the hay holder I made for them off the floor. I also wanted to show off the cute tents I recently put in there! They are just two bent grids with jumbo book covers on them! :)

I do notice that since they do not have that 2x1 coverage, I think im going to make them a 2x1 fleece forest to make up for the loss of coverage so they feel more safe. Anywho! I hope you like it! :)

Looks nice! I used to have a loft but took if off because they spent a lot of time hiding under it. I found that mine have always been a lot more active when they had a lot of open space. I don't have a fleece forest for that reason but have pigloos in the middle of the cage instead. They move them where they want them. Everyone has different preferences so it's good to experiment to see what works best for you and your pigs.

Looks nice! I used to have a loft but took if off because they spent a lot of time hiding under it. I found that mine have always been a lot more active when they had a lot of open space. I don't have a fleece forest for that reason but have pigloos in the middle of the cage instead. They move them where they want them. Everyone has different preferences so it's good to experiment to see what works best for you and your pigs.

I had the same thing happen with mine, I have had fleece forests before and my two girls always hid under the loft as well. Maybe I should just leave it as it is and see how they take to the more open feel of the cage, since they are so used to having that coverage. I am sure they will have to get used to it.

Your tents are really cute and don't reduce the space since the pigs can run right through them. I'll bet they'll love the new set up!

Nice cage!! Love it! I love the little tents!!! Where did you get those?

I never thought a solid fleece could look so cute!
I'm not sure why I didn't think of pairing it with cute patterned fleece.

I never thought a solid fleece could look so cute!
I'm not sure why I didn't think of pairing it with cute patterned fleece.

yeah! I figured go solids then just accent with patterns so its not so overwhelming! :) But I do have some new fleece waiting to be used! Its a pattern but very minimalistic.

Definitely do the fleece forest your girls will love it.

Attachments

uploadfromtaptalk1380246260914.jpg
Mine have always digged the fleece forests. 1st thing they're in with clean bedding.

Hey ShadeyPig, are those ping pong balls? Do your pigs like those?

Hey ShadeyPig, are those ping pong balls? Do your pigs like those?

I have one golf ball and a plastic ball almost the same size as a pingpong ball but they get ignored most of the time occasionally the pigs will bump into them while running around but no they dont "play" with them.

How is your fleece laying so smooth and taught? I don't see any seams or anything keeping it so laying so nice in the corners. Is it an illusion from the color or do you have a trick?

How is your fleece laying so smooth and taught? I don't see any seams or anything keeping it so laying so nice in the corners. Is it an illusion from the color or do you have a trick?

No illusion haha, I just make sure I have everything pushed into the corners and sides before using binder clips to keep it all in place!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.