Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sounds Did Flower sing?

Kelly9

Cavy Slave
I flushed the toilet at night and then heard a strange sound. Almost like clicking, but fast. I thought one of the girls were drinking and it was the sound of the metal ball, but it was too fast. Then there was a chirping sound. Chhiirp, like that. Not long, but not super quick. Not a chut, like they do when they meander around.

I went downstairs quietly and when I got by the cage I very gently spoke to the girls and then turned on the light. Flower was in a trance, her whole body rigid and standing on all four legs. The other pigs were laying down completely but otherwise acting okay. I wasn't sure if I woke one of them up with light or what. Flower was definitely acting strangely. All was fine the next day.

Is this the mysterious bird-like singing that some piggies do?
Here she is, annoyed with me, lol.

Did Flower sing?

Attachments

IMG_9315.jpg
Last edited:

Aleks

Cavy Slave
Sounds like she might have been chirping! Did it sound like this?:

As far as I know nobody really knows what it means. Some think it's a sign of being in distress, but when George was doing it (in the video) he didn't seem distressed at all.

Lishar

Cavy Slave
They are calling the aliens... O_O They are smarter than we think...

Lol, joking, sorry i'm tired, I tend to go a little crazy sometimes when tired. :p I don't think my pigs have ever done it... At least not when i'm around.
Its strange... I hope we find out what it really means one day soon!

PrincessPiggy

Cavy Slave
They are calling the aliens... O_O

:D You're probably right-- they're sending a homing beacon to the mother ship! XD

@Kelly9 Very interesting. I wonder why she was standing so stiffly?

RodentsRus

Cavy Star, Video Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I was watching the video and oe of my guineapig came out of their hideho and looked and tryied to find where the noise was coming from..

Kelly9

Cavy Slave
@(broken link removed)
That WAS it!!!!!!!!!! Oh my goodness! My baby chirped!
@(broken link removed) Certainly sounds like a homing call to the mothership! I'll be on the lookout for any strange beings ;)
@(broken link removed) -I wonder if was the light. She is not used to having a light turned on in the middle of the night. Maybe I disturbed her and she froze.

natsmom26

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Maybe she was sleep walking and singing of her love for carrots.

aspecht

Cavy Slave
I have two that chirp. Taco and Niko. They only ever really do it at night too LOL! Maybe you just startled her, and being a prey animal that is one of the instincts they have.

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
You are so lucky! Not all piggies chirp, and it seems like many who do don't do it all that often. My Quinn chirps, but she's only done it two or three times, always in the evening.

PiggieGuinea

Cavy Slave
Im seeing a pattern here, its night for most chirpers.... they think we cant here them, and when we check it out they are frozen in fear!!!!!! THEY ARE CALLING THE MOTHERSHIP!

Kelly9

Cavy Slave
@(broken link removed) well, I knew she loved her carrots, but not that much! lol

@(broken link removed) I have read on here how rare it is so I truly appreciate being able to hear it. kinda wish I knew what it was before I turned on the light and stopped the magic. I would have even woke up my 6 year old to hear it.

@(broken link removed) That is awesome you get to hear it more than once! I hope she keeps doing it and that i get to hear her. Of course, that means I will be woken up from sleeping, lol.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.