Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cozie saks/Cozie cup/or pigloo

Piglett

Cavy Slave
My piggie is very skittish right now. I just got him Sunday and his pigloo is too big for his cage, I'm already gonna buy a bigger cage but need a solution to my problem for now, I tired the tissue box but its too small and he chews on it. Which do skittish piggies prefer most cozie saks or cups and where can I buy them, I saw guinea pig stuff.com and cozycavy.com is that it?

guineapigluver1

Cavy Slave

pringles70

Cavy Slave
perhaps a bigger cage?? If a pigloo is too big for a cage chances are the cage is too small

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
It sounds like the bigger problem is your small cage. If it is too small for a pigloo, it must be tiny.

Have you looked at how to build a C&C cage from this site?

Piglett

Cavy Slave
Yes I have and plan to get him a bigger cage, but I have to save up for it. The pigloo is the one down from the Giant one, so it's pretty big. The cage I have is big enough for a 3 month old piggie, but I know he will soon out grow it and definitely before then I'll have his new home. I've found a solution for now but thanks anyway.

lissie

Cavy Slave
Yes I have and plan to get him a bigger cage, but I have to save up for it.

How much do you think C&C cage cost? I got my grids from Bed Bath & Beyond for $11.99+tax. The box I got contains 16 panels of grids, that's more than enough for 2x3 cage.

If you can't find coroplast in your area, you can use vinyl floor or shower curtain under the towels and fleece.

fieryone

Cavy Slave
I agree with hanging a piece of fabric or even a towel in the corner for now. You could clip it on with a binder clip, clothes pin, whatever.

I just got 2 homemade fleece snuggle sacks from someone on ebay for $25 shipped. They won't take up much room. In addition to that or the other sites you found, you could also try etsy.com. A lot of people sell their homemade crafts and such on there and I've seen snuggle sacks and cuddle cups on there before

Skinny Pig

Cavy Slave
How much do you think C&C cage cost? I got my grids from Bed Bath & Beyond for $11.99+tax. The box I got contains 16 panels of grids, that's more than enough for 2x3 cage.

If you can't find coroplast in your area, you can use vinyl floor or shower curtain under the towels and fleece.

I got the same type of grids-16 panels. It can make a 2x6 grid cage. I use a 2x5 grid cage and use the other grids for a hamock. But yes, definitely get a 16 panel set because it could hold future pigs or you could make things with them, tunnels, hamocks, shade spots,etc...

Piglett

Cavy Slave
I'm just going to buy the C&C cages from this website or off the internet. I think the shower curtain, linoleum idea is pretty tacky. So if a few weeks I'll order my cage.

Molli_Mayzee

Cavy Slave
I'm just going to buy the C&C cages from this website or off the internet. I think the shower curtain, linoleum idea is pretty tacky. So if a few weeks I'll order my cage.

I think people use the shower curtain because they're pretty cheap and do just as good a job as the coroplast. I've read many posts where people have trouble finding the coroplast and when they do it's too expensive. Not too sure about the linoleum because I would think that would be more expensive and harder to clean. You're better off getting the grids (less than $25) and shower curtain ($2?) now to at least make a your pig a bigger cage and continue to save to get the coroplast or make permanent changes to the cage. You're pig is probably unhappy where he is because that's how Molli was when she was in a pet store cage. Now she runs around like crazy in her C&C.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.