Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Grids Where to buy in New Zealand

mirasmum

Cavy Slave
Has anyone had any luck in finding connectable grids or similar in New Zealand? I'm afraid I'll have to purchase them from overseas and get family to post them over...a bit expensive, but I'd rather not do that if there is something similar sold here in New Zealand.

Peanutter

Cavy Slave
a few of us have tryed & no you cant buy them in NZ, can find them easily they ocassionally pop up on trade me though...

Me and another person were going to buy some from amazon next week, could get you some with the same order if your keen/ willing to pay for your & then we split the postage evenly with what you get... PM me if your interested :)

Oh and we looked into buying & getting someone to send it over & concl is amazon is alot cheaper as the postage from someone sending would be over 300USD so, we are going with amazon instead.

Last edited:

mistymu

Cavy Slave
good luck = i have searched numerous places in Hamilton and couldnt find anything - have one more place to look but dont thinkg thats really gonna come up trumps - there are three of us in Hamilton who are looking to import from overseas so if you wanna join up we could all go shares in cost...

Peanutter

Cavy Slave
there are three of us in Hamilton who are looking to import from overseas so if you wanna join up we could all go shares in cost...

Im not in hamilton nor is amber : p

turcoworld

Cavy Slave
do you have any kind of bed and bath supply store there?? i'm in the us,south Carolina,and we have,bed bath and beyond,I got them there. I tried home improvement place but couldn't find them there. they are worth it if you can find. good luck

Peanutter

Cavy Slave
we do have bed bath & beyond & other department stores like bunnings etc NONE of them stock them or have ever heard of them for that matter. Just cant get hold of them in NZ stores, a few of us have looked everywhere and had no luck at all :(
Im over looking so that why want to order from amazon now.. lol

turcoworld

Cavy Slave
the ones I got all came in a box,to make storage cubes out of. they just don't have a shelf of grids.

lissie

Cavy Slave
You could build a cage from other materials you can find. I've seen some people use wire closet shelves or even baking cooling rack. You can use anything as long as the spacing between the bars are safe (no bigger than 1.5 inches).

Another idea is to use a bookcase that's wide enough. Turn it on its side then add coroplast (I think they are called Corflute in New Zealand?)

I used to have C&C and got tired of how the cage look. My new cage is built from wood and plexiglass (perspex).

My cage:
IMG_0294.JPG

See ideas here:
Alternative Cages - Guinea Pig Cage Photos

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.