Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pigsitting LF> Boarding gp - SF Bay Area

Nannub

Cavy Slave
Hello,

I'm going on a work trip Saturday 11/19 - 11/22 and I'm desperately looking for a place to board my GPs. I live in Fremont, CA. If anyone has any information about places, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

CavyHouse

Cavy Slave
Normally I board guinea pigs at my rescue in La Honda (about an hour from you) but I don't know my Thanksgiving plans yet so I can't commit. You can try Andy's Pet Shop in San Jose.

Nannub

Cavy Slave
Normally I board guinea pigs at my rescue in La Honda (about an hour from you) but I don't know my Thanksgiving plans yet so I can't commit. You can try Andy's Pet Shop in San Jose.

Hi! I'm the person who contacted you yesterday. I'm looking into other options :) I sent an email to the Pet shop but haven't gotten any reply yet. Thanks!!

CavyHouse

Cavy Slave
If you still need boarding, I just confirmed that I'll be available for boarding for those dates that you needed. Sorry for the delay. There was a possibility that I was going out of town for the Thanksgiving week. I was just able to confirm that I'll be staying in the area so can board piggies over Thanksgiving week.

Nannub

Cavy Slave
If you still need boarding, I just confirmed that I'll be available for boarding for those dates that you needed. Sorry for the delay. There was a possibility that I was going out of town for the Thanksgiving week. I was just able to confirm that I'll be staying in the area so can board piggies over Thanksgiving week.

aww thanks! But I contacted the people from Andy's petshop and they can do it :) thank you!!

CavyHouse

Cavy Slave
I'm glad that you were able to find something. Andy's Pet Shop is a great supporter of rescues.

Nannub

Cavy Slave
I'm glad that you were able to find something. Andy's Pet Shop is a great supporter of rescues.

That's awesome. I'm really nervous about leaving my pigs but the lady I talked to was really nice so I'm hoping everything goes well.

CavyHouse

Cavy Slave
I know the owner at Andy's and a couple of their employees. They're pretty experienced with piggies and are very nice people.
I think it's helpful if you weigh your piggies several times a week apart before taking them for boarding anywhere to make sure that their weight is stable. I've had a few people board their piggies here with undisclosed, unknown health issues that I picked up on. It's real tough when a piggy comes in and drops some weight and you don't know why and the piggy belongs to someone else. There have been about 4 piggies who came in for boarding with maloclussion that the owners didn't know about.

Nannub

Cavy Slave
I know the owner at Andy's and a couple of their employees. They're pretty experienced with piggies and are very nice people.
I think it's helpful if you weigh your piggies several times a week apart before taking them for boarding anywhere to make sure that their weight is stable. I've had a few people board their piggies here with undisclosed, unknown health issues that I picked up on. It's real tough when a piggy comes in and drops some weight and you don't know why and the piggy belongs to someone else. There have been about 4 piggies who came in for boarding with maloclussion that the owners didn't know about.

Yeah, i weight my piggies every week. They're under 1 year old so they're pretty healthy right now. Thanks for the suggestion

Nannub

Cavy Slave
Dropped off my guinea pigs at Andy's pet shop last night. Hopefully the days will go by fast. It
looked like a really good place.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.