Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Making some new accessories, lets brainstorm!

SomethingFunny

Cavy Slave
I went to the fabric store today and there was a really great sale on fleece so I ended up bringing home half the store (I have no willpower :rolleyes:). So once I get everything pre-shrunk and wicking nicely I thought I'd make some tunnels and pouches and pillows and things. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions for me? I particularly would like to know what people use for padding in those little piggy lounge cushions. I was thinking of using polyester batting but I'm not sure if that would be sanitary long term. I'm looking for general accessory advice too, if you know of any good patterns or tutorials, or even if there's just one particular cage accessory that your piggies go crazy for I'd love to hear about it. Thanks guys!

J.Bosley

Cavy Slave
Ohh! I am super excited to see what you make :eek: First thing I would make is snuggle sacks!

I fail at sewing! My sister always does the sewing and planning, I just suggest things and hang out for moral support :D Can't wait until she moves in with me so we can make Guinea Pig accessories! Make sure you post photos of your creations.

ThePiggiesGotMe

Cavy Slave
I have a couple of cuddle cups that are stuffed with polyfil that have held up well. I just put them in the wash along with the rest of the fleece and towels. They wash and dry just fine.

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
I've heard of many people using polyester filling or batting.

ThePiggiesGotMe

Cavy Slave
I can personally vouch for @pawner69 's wonderful tunnel tutorial. My girls took to the one I made immediately. Now I need to get some pretty fleece...I just threw one together with the scraps I had on hand. They like it much better than the sacks I made.

SomethingFunny

Cavy Slave
One more round of washing and then the fleece should be wicked, I'm so excited! I think I'll try out that tunnel tutorial first. Thank you all so much!

pawner69

Cavy Slave
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.