Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Frustrated Pets At Home,

• Thread starter addictivejuliet
  • Start date

Iklepink

Cavy Slave
I believe they get them from a place called 'Simon's Rodents' it was featured in the BBC programme and it wasn't pretty :(

addictivejuliet

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
@asnnbrg: me too. I'll post something when I find out what happened!

addictivejuliet

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
@Nat453: Yeah, I'm glad you were lucky with yours! There are two PAH stores by me and the bigger ones houses everything fine as far as I can see. It's just this new smaller store that isn't. I'll be going back this week to check though.

addictivejuliet

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
@Abbie-Lauren: That's so bad!! That's like mine but the other way around, the smaller store is worse. WIRED floors hurt their feet, why are these people so stupid? and why don't they have to pass some sort of inspection? It really annoys me. You should try calling the RSPCA emergency helpline like I did, pretty sure I pressed '1' for 'animals in danger and distress' or something, then a woman spoke to me. Just try and explain what their cages are like etc and they ask you questions about it, they are really nice. If you could, that'd be great, they take your name and number and call you back with information, or they did for me anyway. It's just really not fair on the animals. i'll be going back to my little store this week, so I'll post something about my findings when I've seen the store!

@Iklepink: That's bad :/

SqueakyPig

Cavy Gazer
Many people already have got the RSPCA on them.. They weren't open for weeks a while ago, I'm not sure what happened!

addictivejuliet

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
GOOD. They should step up their game, or get out of it.
They were in the newspapers a while ago for this rubbish!

MrsSuzy

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
@MrsSuzy : I mean PETS AT HOME guinea pigs for sale (the young new ones) that haven't been previously owned, look healthy and happy and are in open glass tanks in my stores, with no lid/roof. But it's the adoption ones I get upset about. NOW that is 3 of us from the UK have said that 3 separate PETS AT HOME stores have guinea pigs in tanks that aren't really suitable. All I can do is urge you to call the RSPCA if that is what is required. Their phone lines were busy so I called the emergency helpline which usually ends in 999. They seemed grateful for my phone call, said they obviously don't tell PAH who reported them, and sent an inspector out. I'll let you know if they have changed the cage when I go back this week.

Yes, completely agree with you. That's what I said in my post, situation is the same in store closest to me. I will pop there this werk for some hwy so will take a closer inspection and give RSPCA a call, if there are any piggies or rabbits there.

addictivejuliet

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
@MrsSuzy: That's great :) you do that. I'm going back to mine too.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.