Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Where to Order? Pet Food Direct subscription

NJPKL

Cavy Slave
Does anyone use Pet Food Direct to get their piggy food? I like the idea of having a monthly subscription so I don't have to even think about food, it just shows up!

I'm looking for user reviews. If anyone has used them, lemme know what you thought! I have ordered and will update with my experience. I also have a 'refer a friend' discount code if anyone is interested. I *think* I get rewards points if you buy with it, but not sure since I've never done it before!

NJPKL

Cavy Slave
OK, just wanted to update that with just one order, I got enough rewards points to donate 1 meal to a pet shelter. How cool! I love that idea- or you can use it for discounts if you prefer. So far so good! Their online ordering works great too. Will let ya know how fresh the food is and how long ground shipping takes to Oregon.

guineasmart

Cavy Slave
Just a suggestion, but if you're in oregon, I'd highly recommend Kleenmama's hayloft.

cfoster1966

Cavy Slave
I use Pet Food Direct for my dog and cat needs. I never bought piggy food but I love them for my dog and cat food orders! Super fast shipping. Food isn't close to expiration like other sites and they have a great selection for great prices.

artgecko

Cavy Slave
I have used them for cat food and litter for quite some time now. I have also ordered GP food a couple times. I tend to wait and buy when they have their free shipping offer out (usually once every 3 months or so). The deal is typically Free shipping on orders of $49 or more that weigh 60lbs or less. So, I get a 50lb bag of oxbow pellets, the 40lb box of hay, or a bag of cat litter / cat food, etc. The prices are usually far cheaper than local in store prices, but the shipping is very expensive without the deal. Their customer service is good and shipping is usually fast.

Artgecko

R5 plus

Cavy Slave
I also use them and have been pleased. Shipping is definitely fast. I've bought hay, cellsorb, and miscellaneous toys/hideys.

I have read bad reviews about them (especially concerning prescription stuff) and would hesitate in ever ordering critical healthcare items from them based on the reviews I've read. Again, my personal experience (buying non-critical items) has been excellent - but when you need a prescription yesterday...

Have not used the automated system, some people complained in reviews because you can't tack a coupon onto the 15% autoship discount.

I can't remember the name of the site I looked at, but I think it was one that reviewed several pet supply places and used a bar graph to show customer satisfaction in different areas.

On a personal note - I have family living in Dover. I grew up in Randolph. I'll have to wave in your general direction the next time I'm in town.:)

NJPKL

Cavy Slave
@R5 plus Thanks for the info! I just ordered them a day ago and they already shipped it out which is awesome! That's neat re: Dover. I actually moved to Portland, OR just a few months ago, so I am no longer a Joisey Goyl. ;)

NJPKL

Cavy Slave
@artgecko I wish I had enough food to order 50 lbs worth, but I only have two piggies, so don't qualify for free shipping. :/ However, I normally order from Amazon and even with free shipping (Amazon Prime member), Amazon was more expensive, just by a few dollars, but it does add up. So I guess it's still worth it for me.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.