Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello!

• Thread starter GuineaPigMama89
  • Start date

SavvyCavies

Cavy Slave
OHHH more friends!!! Hi there! What's your name? I think it's kind of awkward to type out everyone's username every time we're addressing them so I'm trying to learn some names...we'll see how that goes LOL. I don't have an instagram account at all actually...I do facebook but that's it! I'm a pretty busy girl and can't keep up with much more than one account and my zoo of animals LOL.

OMG!! You little girls are adorable! I loved the video...the crazy hair one is awesome LOL! Vinnie likes to be rubbed under his little chin too. I look forward to chatting! :)

I'm Diana. Besides occasionally getting on here, Instagram is my only other social media account. Besides the pigs, I've also got a mini poodle, a husband, and a human child of my our own, so I randomly pop up on the forum from time to time. [emoji28][emoji5] I downloaded the Tapatalk app today which is primarily the reason I've been able to check the forum with much more ease and regularity than before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GuineaPigMama89

Cavy Gazer
I'm Diana. Besides occasionally getting on here, Instagram is my only other social media account. Besides the pigs, I've also got a mini poodle, a husband, and a human child of my our own, so I randomly pop up on the forum from time to time. [emoji28][emoji5] I downloaded the Tapatalk app today which is primarily the reason I've been able to check the forum with much more ease and regularity than before.

It's nice to meet you Diana. I have a lot of medical conditions and don't really get out of the house so I don't have many friends. Pets are a good way for me to show my affection. I like forums too because I can get over my natural shyness a bit easier lol.

SavvyCavies

Cavy Slave
It's nice to meet you Diana. I have a lot of medical conditions and don't really get out of the house so I don't have many friends. Pets are a good way for me to show my affection. I like forums too because I can get over my natural shyness a bit easier lol.

It's nice to meet you too. The Internet does have its many perks, including friendship. I'm glad this outlet benefits you. [emoji177] Remind me, what is your name? I don't believe I caught it.

GuineaPigMama89

Cavy Gazer
It's nice to meet you too. The Internet does have its many perks, including friendship. I'm glad this outlet benefits you. [emoji177] Remind me, what is your name? I don't believe I caught it.

Oh I'm sorry. My name is Anne-Marie. =) My pigs are hiding in my pajama bottoms right now so cute! I adore them. When I went to buy coroplast today I had to bring the box with my guinea pigs inside with me because it was too hot to leave them in the car and the girls working at the store loved them. Ideally I would have gotten the coroplast first but when I first went to buy it the guy didn't have it ready for me to take so I went and got my piggies and returned.

SavvyCavies

Cavy Slave
Oh I'm sorry. My name is Anne-Marie. =) My pigs are hiding in my pajama bottoms right now so cute! I adore them. When I went to buy coroplast today I had to bring the box with my guinea pigs inside with me because it was too hot to leave them in the car and the girls working at the store loved them. Ideally I would have gotten the coroplast first but when I first went to buy it the guy didn't have it ready for me to take so I went and got my piggies and returned.

Anne-Marie, that's a lovely name. [emoji4] Where did you buy your coroplast? That's awesome you made your babies a C&C home. My babies live in a C&C also, but instead of making it on my own, I purchased the cage kit from the GPCS. One thing I love about going C&C is how it's modular; my pigs started off in a 2x4 cage, later I added a piggy party patio loft, and finally I added an extra 2x3 to the bottom to create a 2x7 cage. The step of actually cutting my original coro to add the new base was a bit on the anxiety inducing side, but in the end it all worked out and the pigs love having the extra space.

Here is a quick evolution of their cage:

(broken link removed)

Are you planning on using fleece, bedding, or possibly both? I personally like to mix it up from time to time.

GuineaPigMama89

Cavy Gazer
Oh your cage is beautiful! Looks a lot better than mine lol I got my coroplast from a sign shop that makes t-shirts and signs for my community. They only had white coroplast and when they offered to cut it for me I took them up on the offer but they didn't understand that I just wanted the sides scored so I had to duct tape them back on lol For bedding I'm using recycled paper bedding that I bought at the pet store. It's like carefresh but cheaper. I would use fleece but I'm worried about the smell of urine. And thank you for the complement on my name! When I was born I had two last names too and the nurse had to start over on a new birth certificate lmao

SavvyCavies

Cavy Slave
Oh your cage is beautiful! Looks a lot better than mine lol I got my coroplast from a sign shop that makes t-shirts and signs for my community. They only had white coroplast and when they offered to cut it for me I took them up on the offer but they didn't understand that I just wanted the sides scored so I had to duct tape them back on lol For bedding I'm using recycled paper bedding that I bought at the pet store. It's like carefresh but cheaper. I would use fleece but I'm worried about the smell of urine. And thank you for the complement on my name! When I was born I had two last names too and the nurse had to start over on a new birth certificate lmao

Ah, yes! I can understand their confusion. Maybe you could get some fun duct tape and decorate the outside of the cage? And yeah, I was using fleece exclusively for a little while but decided to take a break and started using bedding again. My least favorite thing about fleece recently has been washing it. Haha, that may be an unpopular statement to say especially if you're a staunch fleece supporter, but when you've got a million other things to accomplish with a small human child and family, sometimes the ease of throwing away the nasty bedding (or sprinkling small amounts of it out in the yard) makes things a little easier...and helps grow grass. Haha! [emoji23] All things have pros and cons.

SavvyCavies

Cavy Slave
Oh, I forgot to mention I still use fleece in their loft area. It hardly gets soiled though or peed on since they prefer to potty downstairs. That fleece I don't mind washing, lol.

GuineaPigMama89

Cavy Gazer
Ah, yes! I can understand their confusion. Maybe you could get some fun duct tape and decorate the outside of the cage? And yeah, I was using fleece exclusively for a little while but decided to take a break and started using bedding again. My least favorite thing about fleece recently has been washing it. Haha, that may be an unpopular statement to say especially if you're a staunch fleece supporter, but when you've got a million other things to accomplish with a small human child and family, sometimes the ease of throwing away the nasty bedding (or sprinkling small amounts of it out in the yard) makes things a little easier...and helps grow grass. Haha! [emoji23] All things have pros and cons.

I'm comfortable with it the way it is. It serves its purpose so that's what I was concerned with. My grandparents and I just moved into an apartment so washing anything means you need plenty of quarters to use the machines here and I'm not sure it would be cost effective to be washing fleece all the time. Or maybe the price of bedding and the cost of washing fleece would just cancel each other out lol

I love my little piglets. Their ears are so cute! I haven't had any pets that I could cuddle and hold in a couple years.

SavvyCavies

Cavy Slave
I'm comfortable with it the way it is. It serves its purpose so that's what I was concerned with. My grandparents and I just moved into an apartment so washing anything means you need plenty of quarters to use the machines here and I'm not sure it would be cost effective to be washing fleece all the time. Or maybe the price of bedding and the cost of washing fleece would just cancel each other out lol

I love my little piglets. Their ears are so cute! I haven't had any pets that I could cuddle and hold in a couple years.

Oh, I know the pain of using those apartment quarter operated machines. I say try out the bedding for a little while and see how it goes. If you want to try fleece for a little while, that won't hurt either.

I'm glad you are enjoying your pigs. They are nice little animals.

GuineaPigMama89

Cavy Gazer
Oh, I know the pain of using those apartment quarter operated machines. I say try out the bedding for a little while and see how it goes. If you want to try fleece for a little while, that won't hurt either.

I'm glad you are enjoying your pigs. They are nice little animals.

It's a pain isn't it? lol I can't sleep so I'm cuddling my cavies. They were exploring their cage when I walked back into my sitting room. Tomorrow I am going to buy them some green bell pepper. How much should I give each of them since they're babies? Also, how do I make sure one doesn't hog all the food? Thank you for helping me.

babbro7

Cavy Slave
Hiya, my name is Brodie, I'm 36, I am mommy to 1 son, 2 gorgeous piggies ( Tilly and sugar) and 5 rats :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

SavvyCavies

Cavy Slave
Hiya, my name is Brodie, I'm 36, I am mommy to 1 son, 2 gorgeous piggies ( Tilly and sugar) and 5 rats :)

I love rats! My husband and I had rats years ago. They are truly some of the sweetest animals I've ever encountered. You don't know affection from your pets until a rattie comes and licks yours nose! ❤️[emoji193]

GuineaPigMama89

Cavy Gazer

It's nice to meet you! I love rats! I used to have rats too @SavvyCavies They are awfully funny little guys aren't they?

babbro7

Cavy Slave
Yeah they make me smile and are so affectionate, but they won't sit and be cuddled like my piggies lol :)

babbro7

Cavy Slave
It's nice to meet you too :)

babbro7

Cavy Slave
And I love my little rattie kisses :) mind you sugar actually gave me a kiss on the hand the other day, my first Guinea pig kiss, well either that or she could smell food on my hands ;)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.