Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi there! :D

DJ Guinea Pig

Cavy Slave
Hi! I have been looking on this forum for a long time and i thought why not? Im getting 3 male guinea pigs tomorrow and their names are going to be Dexter, Olaf and Oreo! This place is where i got most of my guinea pig information. I have 2 midwest plus's connected. Im still learning how to use the forum but i learn quick! I will post pics when i get them. Just wanted to say hi so... Hi! lol

:rolleyes::p:eek::cool::D Sorry... I really like emoji's

Two midwest cages connected are not large enough for three boars. You'll need extra space ASAP, or you'll have fighting pigs.

Is three enough? Cause i thought the minimum for 3 is 13 feet and my cage is 16 feet.

Three will probably be enough, but I suggest getting some coroplast and using the sides of the three midwests to make as big a cage as you can fit in your room. Here is the recommended cage sizes for piggies, remember meters are bigger than feet https://www.guineapigcages.com and that boars need more room than females

Is three enough? Cause i thought the minimum for 3 is 13 feet and my cage is 16 feet.

Oooohhh!!!! A Midwest plus is two Midwest cages! So @bpatters that's technically a 4'x16'

No, two midwest pluses is a 4x4 (or 2x8, depending on how you configure it). I did miss the "plus" in the original post, so a 4x4 might be ok, depending on the boars.

I'm confused now, how big is this cage?

One cage is 8 feet and i connected 2 of them so thats 16 feet.

A Midwest plus is 47 inches by 24 inches, so two feet by almost four feet. If you have two of them, you've either got 47 inches by 48 inches, or 24 inches x 94 inches.

Ok dj is talking square feet not linear feet, and is technically right, but once you add the hideys and cozies your take away the square footage from the cage, and you definitely need Hideys and cozies to help your piggies feel secure. You also want to give them room to run and chase, so even though you are meeting the bare minimum recommended size, if you don't want your boys to fight you should really go larger

@DJ Guinea Pig, that's sixteen square feet, not linear feet.

Im getting 2 girls that are 3 weeks old im naming them Iris and Athena so the cage is big enough :)

What happened to the other ones?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.