Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Mattress Pad Mattress Pad vs. Uhaul

LuisaSpike

Cavy Slave
Hi! So, I am hopefully going to be getting a 3rd set of fleece liner/pee pad/etc. for my pigs for their birthday (Thursday lol they will be 1 year old) and I also want to get a new absorbent layer to go with the new fleece. I have been using uhaul pads which seem to work just fine, but I was wondering... those of you with experience with mattress pads, would you recommend them?

Also, what are some tips and tricks to cutting/sewing/washing the mattress pad if I do decide to go that route?

Finally, is this what I want? https://www.walmart.com/ip/11963455...61970950&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=34442121670&veh=sem (I have never used mattress pads and I don't know which ones are the ones that will work and which ones won't.) Thanks!

Traysea

Cavy Slave
I don't think that's the ones you want. They are polyester. They are not going to be absorbent. I think you would be better off looking for incontinence pads that are waterproof on one side and absorbent on the other.

RubyRain

Cavy Slave

LuisaSpike

Cavy Slave
Oh, good, I'm glad I found the right ones. I found a website (I think it's called Vitality Medical) that has the ones that I assume they use in hospitals, as it is a medical website. I figure, if they work in hospitals, they'll most likely work in a guinea pig cage, and they have a bunch of different styles and sizes, and they are pretty well priced (I think... I don't really have much to compare to, but they're not ridiculously expensive) I have a 3x4 C&C, so I'll have to get a few, but yay! I think I will try this.
Here's the link to Vitality Medical if you want to check it out: https://www.vitalitymedical.com/reu...ecial=google&gclid=CLKf1pS677oCFYl9OgodqQEAmA

RubyRain

Cavy Slave
These are the pads I bought and I really like them. Very nice quality!

(broken link removed)

That's the brand I have too in different sizes. I've been using them for a year so far.

piggi_zone

Cavy Slave
hey, do they have a version like this in the stores like walmart or kmart?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.