Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Play Licking?

clarkkatarina

Cavy Slave
One of my girls, Jane Cena, has lately gotten into the weird habit of licking my face when we snuggle. She'll lick me for hours! No others in the group seem to do it. I think its just absolutely adorable, but feels so funny! 😊 Does this happen to anyone else? Is it a normal behavior?

Guinea pig kisses ^^

It's normal. They like the salty taste of skin.

Awwwww that sounds adorable!

Sounds normal! I have one pig who is quite kissy when I have her out. Just be aware if you're wearing makeup or moisturizer on your face or neck as you don't want her licking and consuming cosmetic products!

My Snickers licks people when she is happy. In the morning when I'm sweeping the poops out of the cage, she licks my arm that's holding the dustpan. She knows it means that they are getting veggies next!

Ferb always licks my chin, even Penny the shy will take a lick on it every once in awhile, although she prefers my arm for some reason.

Fuzzy is a licker. She will lick whatever skin she can reach. Lol.

Guinea will run up to the side of her cage when she hears me coming, just so she can lick my fingers! Sometimes she'll lick my nose too, but I'm not sure if it's always because of salt. Even if I just washed my hands she'll still lick me! I think it's more out of affection than anything else, since guinea pigs have been known to lick each others ears to groom them, but I've heard they only do that if they're close friends. Maybe this is the people version of that?

It's funny, if I'm trying to give her a carrot she'll nudge the carrot out of the way and keep licking my hands! It's nice to know she cares more about licking me than eating carrots haha

Callie does this to me. It's cute. Nikki doesn't- she's the grumpy one that would rather nip than show affection. Haha.

Kwee does this to me all the time. If I offer her a finger, she just goes to town licking it nonstop. I must be saltier than my girlfriend though, because Kwee never gives her so much as a second tasting.

Hi, @Mastershroom. I haven't seen you on here for awhile. How are you and your herd doing?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.