Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi!

TCTrun

Cavy Slave
Hello everybody. I just joined because I would like to get to know other cavy slaves! I actually don't know anybody else with guinea pigs, except of course the rescue I adopt from: Wee Companions. Wee Companions is located in San Diego, CA. They are fantastic! Anyway, I initially bought two guinea pigs from a pet store (I know, booooo). Not surprisingly, one of the females I bought was pregnant. Well, she had her baby on Oct 29, 2011. He is a stunning Black American. I decided to keep him, so he is currently living alone and screaming for the females. Not the best situation, but I am having him neutered in about 1 week so he can eventually be with them. Finally, I got my last piggie (ADOPTED, not bought) from Wee Companions. She is a Peruvian mix. She is learning very quickly that I am nice and usually come bearing gifts of veggies. Anyway, here are a couple of pictures. Hi!Hi!Hi!

I just built the C&C cage. I was worried that they wouldn't use the ramp but they love it!

arionat799

Cavy Slave
Welcome!! Your piggies are adorable, and the peruvian mix has the craziest hair!!! Thanks for sharing pigtures, we can't get enough here!! There cage is also stunning, I'm sure they love it. :)

TCTrun

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the welcome! Yeah, I mentioned in passing that I would like to adopt a long-haired piggie when I brought mine to be piggie-sat for the holiday break. The lady at the rescue brought out Gigi. One look at her and knew she would be coming home with the others when I got back from vacation!

arionat799

Cavy Slave
Haha thats awesome! She is so cute :)

ILoveMillie

Cavy Slave
You're guinea pigs are adorable! :) I am a volunteer and guinea pig foster for Wee Companions and I am so happy that Gigi has such an amazing home!

KiwiCavyAdorer

Cavy Slave
Lovely Piggies!! I'm sure your boy will appreciate his op, can't be fun screaming for girls...
you've made a lovely cage... I'm going to have to have more than one hay source or water source for Maximus von Lichtenwalder's buddy when he comes most likely I'll have to end up having one per pig and one spare - he is such a territorial wee dude I'm not sure the other pig would ever be given permission to eat or drink... do all of your piggies get on really well?

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome! Your piggies are adorable!

TCTrun

Cavy Slave
Lovely Piggies!! I'm sure your boy will appreciate his op, can't be fun screaming for girls...
you've made a lovely cage... I'm going to have to have more than one hay source or water source for Maximus von Lichtenwalder's buddy when he comes most likely I'll have to end up having one per pig and one spare - he is such a territorial wee dude I'm not sure the other pig would ever be given permission to eat or drink... do all of your piggies get on really well?

It is definitely a good idea to have multiple water bottles and pellet dishes. If you have one large hay rack, then that's probably sufficient. Boys are SOMEWHAT more difficult to pair than girls, but as long as you do proper introductions on neutral territory (search around this site for tutorials), they should get along fine. I said "somewhat" because it is definitely a myth that boys do not get along. Many pairs and trios of males get along fantastically. The key is SPACE. If two boys have at least 11 or so sq ft of cage space, they are much more likely to not get territorial. My piggies to get along well, but there is an occasional scuffle. My two older girls will chase and mount each other fighting over a cuddle cup, and my sneaky younger sow will relax in it and watch them fight lol

TCTrun

Cavy Slave
You're guinea pigs are adorable! :) I am a volunteer and guinea pig foster for Wee Companions and I am so happy that Gigi has such an amazing home!

Thanks! She's made herself quite at home! Definitely the most tame piggy I have had during the first weeks. That's cool that you volunteer/foster for Wee Companions - Fantastic rescue!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.