Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Oooppssiiee babies - Newby

lmferguson

Cavy Gazer
To make a long story short, it all started with getting a cute furry guinea pig for my son, and it has turned into she had 6 babies on Monday!
I need to find a good home for the babies, I'm in the Tulsa, OK area, can anyone suggest an online site where I can go to find them good homes?

To make a long story short, it all started with getting a cute furry guinea pig for my son, and it has turned into she had 6 babies on Monday!
I need to find a good home for the babies, I'm in the Tulsa, OK area, can anyone suggest an online site where I can go to find them good homes?

6, wow, that's a lot of babies! First males will need to be separated from females at 3 weeks old to avoid further pregnancies. Here's a good website for sexing guinea pigs: https://www.cavyspirit.com/sexing.htm
Second, guinea pigs are herd animals so please consider keeping 1 female baby as a companion to Mom pig.
Third, you can list the babies for adoption on petfinder.com and Craigslist, however you'll need to screen potential adopters carefully and/or request a rehoming fee or risk the babies becoming snake food. I recommend adopting them out in same sex pairs if adopters are willing, like I said, they are herd animals.
Fourth, mom and babies need extra calcium, feed alfalfa pellets or alfalfa hay (mixed with their regular hay) or some parsley for extra calcium. Good luck!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.