Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Guinea Pig Names!

BooTheGuineaPig

Cavy Slave
Hiya everyone!
When I was five, I got my first Guinea-Pigs. I had a white American Guinea-Pig called Snowy and a brown American Crested Guinea-Pig called Rono! As you can see Snowy is quite a stereotypical name for a white pet. I know sometimes it's hard to name a Guinea-Pig!❤️
So my question for you is:
What is your Guinea-Pigs name and how did you come up with it?

(Add some pictures of your Pigs!)

SqueakyPig

Cavy Gazer
My two females are called Bubble and Squeak. I came up with the name Bubble because she is quite chubby (shh, don't tell her I said that! ;)) and looks like a Bubble, and Squeak because she squeaks allot. Bubble and Squeak also go together as a dish! Here is a photo of them both: (Bubble is the red and white, Squeak is the black and red.)
Your guinea pig in the profile picture is adorable!

Attachments

image.jpg

BooTheGuineaPig

Cavy Slave
Bubble and Squeak are really cute!lol

ThePigSlave

Cavy Slave
I named one of my guinea pigs Grace (left in my pic). We did that because she is probably the most clumsy thing we know. Get the irony?
Pumpkin (right in my pic): We got her around Halloween, and her fur was much darker and pumpkin colored when we got her as a baby.

RoseNRiver0523

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
My pigs are River Song, Rose Tyler, and Fuzzbutt. River and Rose are both characters from Dr. Who and Fuzzbutt is just because she's a fuzzbutt lol

Varcoda

Cavy Slave
if you think Snowy is a stereotypical pet name.. hmm.. i call one of my girls Piggy! haha. its just a cute thing to call out PLUS she -loves- her food. and i really mean LOVE. She's the tortoiseshell colored Texel and likes to keep a watch ful eye on the fridge from her tunnel. The other piggy i named Lily, since her previous owners named her Lili Vanilli. She's shy, and only started soft wheeking for food yesterday!
PhotoGrid_1364234743285.jpgthey're my darling little poop factories :love:
20130326_112253.jpga big kiss from Lily to everyone! ❤️

BooTheGuineaPig

Cavy Slave
You Guinea-Pigs are so cute, Varcoda!:eek:

Varcoda

Cavy Slave
thanks :) the piggy in your profile pic has such a unique marking, i can't help thinking he /she tried to look like the phantom of the opera but got the mask wrong hehehehe

BooTheGuineaPig

Cavy Slave
thanks :) the piggy in your profile pic has such a unique marking, i can't help thinking he /she tried to look like the phantom of the opera but got the mask wrong hehehehe

Yeah, that's my Piggy. He is called Boo and he is around 10 months old!

Lil Pig

Cavy Slave
One of our boars moves EVERYTHING around! Like a bull dozer! His name is Dozer! We have two sows - (I LOVE coffee) so the black Silky is named Espresso, and the brown/white is Breve'! Our other boar wasn't expected to live very long when we got him, (Little Pig)so we never really changed his name! When we got him, we were told he was a she! (He is going to be a daddy any day now!) . . . but I end up either giving them nicknames or changing the pronounciation. So Little Pig was shortened to Lil' Pig . . . now it's just Pig but pronounced like Piog;)!!!
004.jpg051.jpgLeft to right: Lil' Pig (Piog), Espresso, Dozer, Breve'

BooTheGuineaPig

Cavy Slave
Lil Pig, your Piggies are so adorable. Good Luck to Lil' Pig on becoming a new daddy! :)

bubblepig

Cavy Slave
My oldest sow is Twix named because she has a bit of caramel coloring on her fur and I usually like naming my piggies after foods. ;) Maple,who we THOUGHT was a sow,and actually a boar,was named for is light coloring. He and one of his sons got adopted out. Carrot,one of the babies,was named for his orange face. Biscuit was named for his light coloring,and Flower (my picture) was named because she looks like the skunk from Bambi.

LC Kiko

Cavy Slave
223885_10152051783210015_944634825_n.jpg This is Duff! He's named after Duff Goldman of Food Network's Ace of Cakes. He's goofy and laid back at the same time just like the person.

I'm hoping to find a black and white pig just so I can call him/her Skunk :D

cfoster1966

Cavy Slave
I just like to use people names so my pigs are Riley, Peyton, Lacey, Kaycee, Jazzy and Jemma (My foster daughter named Jazzy and Jemma) and Finn and Gracie.

cavykaitlyn

Cavy Slave
photo.jpg
This is Charlemagne. I had a number of historical names that I wanted to use, some of which included:
1. Hatschepsut (the Egyptian queen)
2. Marguerite (the woman in the black-and-white movie part of Annie)
3. Calypso (the woman from The Odyssey)
and...
4. Charlemagne (Germanic king, whose name just sounded female :D)

So you can see which ones I went with (or maybe you don't know)
Her full name is Charlemagne Calypso (insert last name)
Cute piggies everyone!

mamattorney

Cavy Slave
We have two girl piggies.

The first is named Marshmallow. Here she is:
658.jpg
We named her that because, to me, she looks just like . . .
toasted-marshmallow.jpg
a toasted marshmallow!

Our other piggie is Fluff:
028.jpg

We named her Fluff because she's a teddy, so very fluffy, but also because it "goes" with Marshmallow.

MLT2007

Cavy Slave
@mamattorney I think those have to be the cutest pigs I have ever seen! Mine are named Penelope and Kiwi. There is no cute story as to how I came up with them. I just like the names but I should have named Penelope Kiwi and Kiwi Penelope because Penelope is golden agouti in color and she looks like a kiwi fruit lol

BooTheGuineaPig

Cavy Slave
@mamattorney I think those have to be the cutest pigs I have ever seen! Mine are named Penelope and Kiwi. There is no cute story as to how I came up with them. I just like the names but I should have named Penelope Kiwi and Kiwi Penelope because Penelope is golden agouti in color and she looks like a kiwi fruit lol

I know mamattorney's Pigs are so cute and I love their names. Penelope and Kiwi are really cute names as well!:D

piggielove123

Cavy Slave
My guinea pigs name was Smudge. I came up with it because he look like a mud smudge. 014.jpg009.jpg

Last edited:

canadianxehh

Cavy Slave
@cavykaitlyn , aww my heart melted, you're guinea pig is so darn cute. i'm trying really hard to find one with that color fur. i absolutely ADORE the color!

tTLZT-ZGlLtcVjquPVgHh5Ss_r7nfFEFliVsNQYj4bg.jpg
The tan, black and white abby is Roscoe. I named him Roscoe because when i hear the name i think of some guy with his hair spiked up ready to go surfing.
On the right is our american piggy, Zander. I named him Zander because my boyfriend couldn't think of a name, and he wanted it to be different. My boyfriends middle name is Alexander. So we took the ending of it. :)
nh-mW08dGyDn7OjhCNkGRycrbc3IdUFUZ3oYwU8EPeA.jpg
On the left, the little black american piggy, is Pepe. We named her pepe, because she is sweet like Pepe La Pew. (Even though he was a boy.. :p )
On the right, is my darling teddy:love: Her name is Pumpkin. I named her pumpkin because every Thanksgiving my mom would make these pumpkin rolls, with the pumpkin bread and on the inside was cream cheese. When i saw her, she reminded me exactly of it. :)

Thank you for reading.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.