Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Diet Won't eat pellets or bell pepper

Guinepig

Cavy Slave
I just brought him home last night, and I've noticed that he isn't interested in his pellets or green bell pepper. He loves his romaine lettuce and hay, but won't even touch his pellets or green bell pepper. I'm going to petsmart this weekend so I can get him some oxbow pellets. He can't live on just a diet of romaine lettuce and hay for the rest of the week!

Hmm he is probably just scared right now, but still needs to eat. Guinea pig's diets are 80% hay, so as long as he's eating hay he should be fine. You may need to buy some critical care if he keeps it up. I'm not sure what to tell you to do. Maybe @bpatters can help more

Edited by bpatters: He does NOT need Critical Care. Please be sure you're making the correct recommendation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't mean to make a false recommendation, that's why I tagged you. I wasn't positive so I asked for help. Sorry

Edited by bpatters: If you're not sure, don't make the recommendation. Someone may not read any further than your incorrrect suggestion, and won't see that it's been corrected. People depend on this forum for accurate information, and it's not a good idea to depend on someone else to catch and correct your mistakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
The best food is always in the other pig's mouth! Quoted from @bpatters

This is so true!! It's hysterical to watch my two girls try to steal food from each other. I give them two of everything, but they love to try to steal from each other. It's rather comical!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once I have a bigger cage and the fleece bedding ready, I'll definitely be getting him a friend. Hopefully, it will only be another week or two. His previous owner said that he's been alone for about 2 years. so I imagine he's pretty lonely

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.