Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello fellow Cavy lovers :)

elg1692

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone!

I just became a proud piggie parent once more after having lost my fist piggie, Copper, last year. She lived to the ripe old age of 8! Anyway, I felt I was ready for another guinea pig, and instead came home with two. I've got two boars, Grindenwald (Grindy) and Albus. They are both gray/white short hairs. We are all still getting to know each other, but so far we are all getting along well together. They love to be petted and melt in my lap when I rub between their ears. :D And as of tomorrow they will have a brand new 2x5 C&C cage with fleece to run around and popcorn in and we will be condemning their temporary pet store cage to the garage for good! Here are some pictures of my babies...Grindy is the piggie with more gray fur, Albus has more white fur
Hello fellow Cavy lovers :)Hello fellow Cavy lovers :)

CourtArtanis

Cavy Slave
Such a handsome pair!❤️

lifesvr7

Cavy Slave
They are VERY cute! I can understand how you ended up with two. They will be happier with a friend anyway! Are they brothers? Both my piggies LOVE nose scratches and between their ears too!

Am I the only one seeing the "profile" information at the top of all these posts? Weird. I have never seen that before.

RubyRain

Cavy Slave
Welcome! They are cuties.

cavyqueeeen

Cavy Slave
Adorable are they brothers? They look so alike?

doglaurasmudge

Cavy Slave
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! LOVING THE HARRY POTTER NAMES! Though I believe it is Grinelward, not Gridenwald, sorry I'm a huge huge huge fan of Harry Potter... ANYWAY YOUR GUINEA PIGS ARE GORGEOUS!

Iklepink

Cavy Slave
Its Grindelwald.

Welcome your piggies are super cute!

madelineelaine

Cavy Slave
Those piglets are adorable.

Make sure you confirm the sex of each of them so that there is not accidents !

Glad you're retiring the old pet store cage too.

elg1692

Cavy Slave
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! To answer your questions....they are not from the same litter. It is just a coincidence that I happened to find two that are the same color. But, they are adopted brothers now! (I'll tell them when they are older).

And yes, it is Grindelwald...I typed my first post at 4 a.m. and was more than a little tired...he goes by Grindel or Grindy, for short. I am a huge Harry Potter geek.

And the pet store cage was a very temporary (two weeks) solution until I was able to build a better cage for them. Don't worry though, they get plenty of floor time, lots of veggies, and tons of love everyday in their playpen.

Thank you again everyone for welcoming me and my piggie sons to the forums. They now have a huge ego after all these compliments! :silly:

elg1692

Cavy Slave
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! LOVING THE HARRY POTTER NAMES! Though I believe it is Grinelward, not Gridenwald, sorry I'm a huge huge huge fan of Harry Potter... ANYWAY YOUR GUINEA PIGS ARE GORGEOUS!

Thank you for noticing the names! I'm surprised how few of my friends have made the connection :boggled:

LitaRutherford

Cavy Slave
So cute! And awesome names! Those are the cutest piggies, and now I want more pigs so I can name them HP names to. XD (<- HP super nerd too)

T1ggerPigLuvur

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Oh my goodness, they are so cute!!! The Harry Potter names are definitely a big impact on how cute they are.

Welcome back to the pig life! lol

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
Your piggies are downright adorable!

mellbutler

Cavy Slave
you should be very amused by having 2 now. The interactions can be down right hilarious at times. Welcome and enjoy those piggies!

CourtArtanis

Cavy Slave
I love their colourings!

CourtArtanis

Cavy Slave

lol...even i know it's Grindelwald and i'm not a Harry Potter fan

doglaurasmudge

Cavy Slave
N-not a Harry Potter fan?!?!?!?!? HOW? HOW CAN YOU NOT!??!!?

piggielover200

Cavy Slave
Um I see the hello piggielover thing at the top to any ideas!

deardulcie

Cavy Slave
Oooh...they are so stinkin' cute! They have those pointy little possum faces still.

lifesvr7

Cavy Slave
Oooh...they are so stinkin' cute! They have those pointy little possum faces still.

My full grown male still has that pointy possum face. Mtlittle girl has a Very rounded face. I thought maybe it was a difference in breed or something. Are they supposed to outgrow their pointy face?? My friend (the vet) was over the other day and was joking that he had a "rat" face lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.