Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bathing Hair too short for "Posh n' Go" Gorgeous Guineas shampoo?

Shelbz

Cavy Slave
Hi guys,

Bit of a boring question for those of you who have experience using the Gorgeous Guineas range. For ease of reference, here's a two pictures of the dastardly duo from both angles (if that, uh, matters? :p) :

Hair too short for "Posh n' Go" Gorgeous Guineas shampoo?
Hair too short for "Posh n' Go" Gorgeous Guineas shampoo?

Do you think they qualify as "long-haired", and will benefit from the "Posh n' Go" shampoo, or would it be better to get one of the other shampoos? Brush time is a little traumatic for both of them despite my best efforts and I was wondering if a nice conditioning shampoo for long-haired piggies would help, but if their hair is too short and it will only make their fur greasy, I'd naturally appreciate the heads up.

Apologies to anybody who fell asleep at the complete triviality of this question, ha ha.

Last edited:
Your question wasn't that boring! I use posh n go for my silkie and her hair really isn't that much longer than your boys. I also will occasionally use it for my shorthairs so I think it would work fine. It really does do a great job of getting tangles out and making the hair smell clean.

I'll give it a go then, thank you!

I use that shampoo on my peruvian with skin issues, love it but the smell makes me think of an old lady's closet.
I would also recommend a tangle teezer brush, it doesn't pull or hurt at all which has helped with otherwise traumatic piggy grooming. :)
The compact styler is smaller & works best on pigs, but I have one in the shower, at school, in my bag & an extra brush in my room because I found myself stealing the piggy brush out of the house.

https://www.feelunique.com/brands/tangle-teezer

I actually have a compact tangle teezer, and Bert seems to dislike it even more- he rumbles and occasionally squeaks, probably because the teezer's teeth can actually touch his skin. Ernie just complains about the whole process exactly as much as he did before. It's much easier, though, so I'm keeping it.

As for the smell, that's hilarious! Two old-lady boars is exactly what I'm aiming for. lol

I actually have a compact tangle teezer, and Bert seems to dislike it even more- he rumbles and occasionally squeaks, probably because the teezer's teeth can actually touch his skin. Ernie just complains about the whole process exactly as much as he did before. It's much easier, though, so I'm keeping it.

As for the smell, that's hilarious! Two old-lady boars is exactly what I'm aiming for. lol

Hmmm. I never thought about it but I guess it does kinda smell like an old lady! Well, on the upside, it's better than a poo smell! I also use a soft kitten brush for my silkie's hair but she still squeaks sometimes. Out of curiosity, I know I have to order mine, but do they sell only online? Can you ever find it in a store?

It's a UK product, so though I know they sell them in a few stores over here, I would suspect that in the US the best bet would be online via Amazon or another similar retailer as it has to be shipped. A few Americans may be able to help you out on that one, though, you never know!

It's a UK product, so though I know they sell them in a few stores over here, I would suspect that in the US the best bet would be online via Amazon or another similar retailer as it has to be shipped. A few Americans may be able to help you out on that one, though, you never know!

Yeah, I have ordered it online from their website and it didn't take too long to get. I was just curious if you could actually find it on a store shelf verses simply buying it through their website. Neat that they do sell to stores over there too! I wish they would start a US branch. I love their products. Good luck on the bathing!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.