Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia Can I find it in Bunnings

bubbles101

Cavy Slave
I am trying to build a C and C cage without buying anything online and i read that you can find cubes and coroplast in bunnings???Can u :confused: ? And if not where can i find them in Perth, Australia??

Thanks for the help :eek: :p

grace&piggies

Cavy Slave
I've had a bit of look over the web pages for Big W, Target, Kmart, Bunnings & Howard's Storage World without luck. They might just not list them online. I got mine from Aldi. I would suggest checking out anywhere that has storage supplies, included places I've checked. Possibly discount stores may have them, for example Reject Shop. I'll have a little look while I'm out tomorrow though and let you know if I find any :)

bubbles101

Cavy Slave
I've had a bit of look over the web pages for Big W, Target, Kmart, Bunnings & Howard's Storage World without luck. They might just not list them online. I got mine from Aldi. I would suggest checking out anywhere that has storage supplies, included places I've checked. Possibly discount stores may have them, for example Reject Shop. I'll have a little look while I'm out tomorrow though and let you know if I find any :)

Thanks so much, i really appreciate lol :eek: :p

Aertyn

Cavy Gazer
Big W, Target and Kmart don't stock grids at all. (Big W did, I bought some 5 years ago in a Big W store but have not seen any since in any Big W I've been in). Bunnings sell them in the storage aisle. You can find them in some 'Store' Stores and also on Ebay. Though you have to be careful since they do sell the unsafe grids as well as the safe grids.

I also do not use Corflute (as it's known in Australia) for my C+C...it's too expensive. A sheet big enough to do my 2x5 cage would have cost me $40!. I bought a 2m wide piece of Lino from Bunnings and it cost me $20 and I had spare to put up around the hay area. You score and fold it just like you would with the Corflute and it's easier to transport.

grace&piggies

Cavy Slave
I'd still price coroflute. For $20 I was able to get more than enough for a 2x6! :)

bubbles101

Cavy Slave
Big W, Target and Kmart don't stock grids at all. (Big W did, I bought some 5 years ago in a Big W store but have not seen any since in any Big W I've been in). Bunnings sell them in the storage aisle. You can find them in some 'Store' Stores and also on Ebay. Though you have to be careful since they do sell the unsafe grids as well as the safe grids.

I also do not use Corflute (as it's known in Australia) for my C+C...it's too expensive. A sheet big enough to do my 2x5 cage would have cost me $40!. I bought a 2m wide piece of Lino from Bunnings and it cost me $20 and I had spare to put up around the hay area. You score and fold it just like you would with the Corflute and it's easier to transport.

Thanks so much you saved me alot of time and money :melodrama i will look at the lino :)

bubbles101

Cavy Slave
I bought a 2m wide piece of Lino from Bunnings and it cost me $20 and I had spare to put up around the hay area.

Can u please put a pic of ur lino i dont know what it looks like. Thanks so much lol

Aertyn

Cavy Gazer
Sure :)

DSCN4559.jpg

KiwiCavyAdorer

Cavy Slave
In NZ I got my corflute as seconds off a printer who specialized in big posters and real estate signs. All I did was peel the sticky print off it. Maybe your printers do something similar if you ask for their throw away bits?

Aertyn what do you have under your lino? Do you think Lino will last longer than corflute?

mari11

Cavy Slave
When I looked in Bunnings they only had small sheets, nowhere big enough. I called a couple of sign places too, one had misprints on corflute that they were happy to give me, the other wanted to sell me a sheet for $100. Let them know what you want it for.

Try carpet shops for lino leftovers too, my local one has a couple of dozen rolls of odd sizes, at least a few are the right size for the cage with some trimming, and about $20~.

grace&piggies

Cavy Slave
I get mine from a plastics supplier. They make all things plastic, acrylic, signs, etc, and sell the raw materials too. This is their web address: Fairlite Plastics Homepage

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.