Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast My local sign shop is expensive!

• Thread starter AllThesePiggies
  • Start date

AllThesePiggies

Cavy Slave
I want to expand my cage, but to do that I have to get some more coroplast. The thing is, my local sign shop is really expensive. The sheet of coro that I bought for my 2x5 cost me around $38! Is there anywhere I could go that would be cheaper? I don't need a huge sheet, as I'll just tape them together. My Home Depot doesn't sell coroplast, either. :(

Aleks

Cavy Slave
Did you try asking them if they have any misprinted signs that they were going to get rid of? They might give them to you for free, or at least for cheap. :)

AllThesePiggies

Cavy Slave
Did you try asking them if they have any misprinted signs that they were going to get rid of? They might give them to you for free, or at least for cheap. :)

Oh, I didn't even think of that... I feel really stupid now. lol Thanks! I'll give them a call and ask tomorrow. I think they're closed today.

rainbowwriter77

Cavy Slave
Since I cant find a cheap place for chloroplast either, I cut a horse feed bag to size and used the pieces for my bottom. Then, I measure the perimeter of my cage an cut the fleece that long plus a few inches * 6. You may need multiple strips. Sew the ends of the strips together to create one long one. Fold the top over a little less than an inch and use a clothesline clips to clip the fleece on the 3rd rung of the cubes. Make sure there is an inch of fabric touching the bottom of the cage, this will serve as a poo barrier. Once done, lay your fleece/flippers on top of the fleece touching the bottom, and WALLA, you now have a bottom and sides to your cage!!!

rainbowwriter77

Cavy Slave
My local sign shop is expensive!
hope this helps....

Attachments

instructions.jpg

Razzle

Cavy Slave
Is there only one sign shop in your town? The price really can vary depending the store. And be sure to tell them what you want it for.

lissie

Cavy Slave
If you really can't find coroplast, you can use vinyl floor roll from Home Depot, or plastic tarp. Shower curtain works too.

Also check this place for coroplast. They're usually around $10 - $20 for 4x8 ft sheet.
(broken link removed)

GPlove94

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
There's this place called alumna panel I'm not sure if they sell online. They're cheap and inexpensive, I got a 4x8 2x2 and a 4x4 sheets of corroplast for $20

UchihaMickey

Cavy Slave
Oh.. would 35$ be to much for a 4x8 sheet of coro o.o

Amanda Miller

Cavy Slave
Are you sure your home depot doesn't sell it? When I was looking for mine I found it online but it was under a different name and when I sent my bf to go pick some up they had no idea what he was talking about but I knew they had it bc it was on their website. Anyway they actually had it under "guinea pig cage material"

UchihaMickey

Cavy Slave
Are you sure your home depot doesn't sell it? When I was looking for mine I found it online but it was under a different name and when I sent my bf to go pick some up they had no idea what he was talking about but I knew they had it bc it was on their website. Anyway they actually had it under "guinea pig cage material"

ahaha xD I tried Home Depot! ( I know you were referring not to me ^^'') But I went into Home Depot, and the guy told me between Isle 2 and 32.. that's a huge gap.. but I never found it! xD I told them Corrugated Plastic.. maybe that might help some people o:

Amanda Miller

Cavy Slave
I know the guy was no help either. He tried to argue with my bf saying he had his hands on every piece of inventory in the building and they didnt have it. I was on the phone with my bf, super mad bc I knew they had it, while he was talking to the guy. It will tell you on the website where it's supposed to be

Sunny

Cavy Slave
My Home Depot guy was no help either.

I was like, "It's called coroplast. Or corrugated plastic. The stuff they make political signs with? Correx?"

I ended up just walking around FOREVER, but I eventually found it!

UchihaMickey

Cavy Slave
o_O Aye vey.. ok xD ill look around then!

UchihaMickey

Cavy Slave
My Home Depot guy was no help either.

I was like, "It's called coroplast. Or corrugated plastic. The stuff they make political signs with? Correx?"

I ended up just walking around FOREVER, but I eventually found it!

IKR! xD That's what mine was like! but I never found it T_T

AllThesePiggies

Cavy Slave
@rainbowwriter77: Thank you! I think I'd rather use coroplast, as I already know what I'm doing with it haha. But thanks!
@Razzle: I just looked again and found another sign shop in a town near me, so I might try there.
@Amanda Miller @lissie: I looked online with my home depot selected and it said "not available in your current localized store"

Thanks everyone for the awesome ideas! I'm going to call the other sign shop I found and see if they're any cheaper.

AllThesePiggies

Cavy Slave
There's this place called alumna panel I'm not sure if they sell online. They're cheap and inexpensive, I got a 4x8 2x2 and a 4x4 sheets of corroplast for $20

Dang, I went to their website and there isn't one near me. They're stuff is cheap too! :(
Thanks anyway!

GPlove94

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Your welcome :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.