Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Let's rant about the weather!

skittyginny

Cavy Slave
Complaining about things you have absolutely no control over is a nice way to release undue tension. Therefore, let 'er rip!

So, I live in Saint Louis, Missouri. I was just watching national news and they were doing a story about how it's the worst here! It's been 107F+ everyday for over 10 days! That's ridiculous! I was outside watering my neighbor's plants because they're away and I was literally drowning in my own sweat. My piggie is lucky though, she lives in a consistant 75F with cold noms and a marble slab. I mean, she sleeps in an IGLOO!

So how hot is it where you are and what are you doing for your piggies?

SeeSpotSit

Cavy Slave
It's been in the 80's here with a nice ocean breeze...lol

HappyHopperz

Cavy Slave
Over here in Minnesota, we are also in the middle of a major heat wave. Oh, how I hate these .... ><

skittyginny

Cavy Slave
It's been in the 80's here with a nice ocean breeze...lol

:( Oh sweet California.. I just saw it's like 75F in Boston!!! SO, so unfair!

skittyginny

Cavy Slave
Over here in Minnesota, we are also in the middle of a major heat wave. Oh, how I hate these .... ><

I'm sure the whole state is going into shock.. From what I've heard there are only three seasons there. Winter, still winter and construction.

go_ellie
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Pepperpiggie

Cavy Slave
It's so hot here in Kentucky!!! In glad my piggys are in the cool AC

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
I know this is probably preferable for many, but it bothers me just the same ... It's supposed to be around 87 here today and that's too hot for me. Up until a couple weeks ago, the highs were around 65-70 ... So 20ish degree increases are dramatic here. The next couple weeks will be like 75-85, too, which I personally find quite annoying.

I've got frozen 2 liter bottles in for my rabbits and guinea pigs that they like to lay against and I have tiles in for my chinnies, who really suffer the most when the heat gets up there. I also let them take more dust baths than normal because the dust cools them down. Ugh ... I can't wait till fall.

peacheshershey

Cavy Slave
It's 97 here in NC but it's supposed to be 100! :melodrama then it's supposed to start cooling off in the lower 80s.My
piggies are kept in ac 76 degrees.

Last edited:

MissJean

Cavy Slave
79 degrees today. I stayed indoors. Too hot for me! It's supposed to be 81 tomorrow and I have to take a trip to Trader Joes. Ugh.

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
I don't complain! We have only one month of summer type weather here, so I enjoy it while I can. I do all my outside stuff in the morning and evening while it's cooler. Of course, our 80 degrees seems pretty cool compared to some of your temps!

My rescue pigs are all spoiled in their air conditioned room.

pinky

Cavy Slave
We've had temps as high as 105 here in the last two weeks, plus a huge storm last week with 90 mph winds. We had no power or water from Sunday to Tuesday night. It looks like a war zone around here. Huge trees were completely topped, power lines down and lots of property damage. Every block has piles of debris from toppled trees that will probably be there for awhile since there's still so much clean up to do. My neighbor has a whole house generator so she let us use her hose to fill buckets so we could flush our toilet since it's run by a well pump which needs electricity. We have a gas run generator so we had our fridge connected but couldn't hook up the air or well pump the way they're wired. We did keep our sump pump hooked up, though..... My company is doing remodeling in the offices so our department is working in the warehouse with no a/c. The temps have been has high as 88 in there with industrial fans going. We had the guinea pigs in our lower level until our power came back on so they did fine.....It's been exhausting.

kananaka

Cavy Slave
I sit here in envy of all of you in cool weather. It is 5:23am and I have not slept yet tonight. I sit here blurry eyed staring at the pc because it is WAY to hot to sleep. I returned home today to my AC being broken. Luckily I was not gone to long and the piggys did not suffer to much. I am in Florida and tonight it has not gotten cooler then 83 in my house. :/ Also while traveling today the AC went out in the car..... :mad:. Hopefully the house ac gets fixed tomorrow. Good thing we have ceiling fans in every room.

pinky

Cavy Slave
My son took this photo after the storm. The wind speeds were unbelievable. We have a big tree in our yard that has debris from other trees caught in it that we can't get out. We'll need someone to come out and try and remove it all.

Let's rant about the weather!

kananaka

Cavy Slave
Oh wow pinky. Glad you are all OK though. Looks scary!

MishImpossible

Cavy Slave
It's 51.8F here in Bonny Scotland we and have seen the sun shine maybe once since the one fine week we had in April. Currently considering buying a kayak with the amount of flooding we have had here. I dream of warmer weather :)

Eimear

Cavy Slave
Im with you MishImpossible, 55F here in Ireland, wet and overcast as usual, so jealous of you guys :(

MissJean

Cavy Slave
Im with you MishImpossible, 55F here in Ireland, wet and overcast as usual, so jealous of you guys :(

I moved from Arizona state ( it has a lot of desert-like areas) to Washington state (rainy). I think clouds and rain need to be appreciated more. It makes the landscape green and beautiful. Oh, and if you've ever had a heat stroke, you'd never complain about rainy weather again! You're very lucky to live in Ireland!

Eimear

Cavy Slave
Ha its hard to appreciate it when you see nothing but grey skys pretty much every single day, all summer long. A couple months of sunshine thats all I ask :p

LifeAsItMayBe

Cavy Slave
It's been 90-105 around here for a few weeks. It did rain yesterday though, which was nice.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.