Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cleaning Bissell Pet Handheld Vacuum

CudsGwennyPash

Cavy Slave
Has anybody used this? I hate sweeping my cage because it messes up my fleece and this would allow me to do so without messing up my fleece. I will probably try it even if no one has used it since it is really cheap, however if anyone has I would like to know what you thought of it.

https://www.guineapigmarket.com/bissell-vacuum-pets#.U4-wdnJh8pg

Last edited:

lissie

Cavy Slave
If sweeping is messing up your fleece, a vacuum will not work for you. You have to weigh the fleece down to use the vacuum.

CudsGwennyPash

Cavy Slave
If sweeping is messing up your fleece, a vacuum will not work for you. You have to weigh the fleece down to use the vacuum.

I have used a vacuum that has a lot of suction power and it didn't mess up my fleece. The reason sweeping messes up my fleece is because I like to sweep up the hay and pellet dust. I also like to sweep the hair off. So back to the vacuum, has anyone used it, if not do you think it will work well?

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
I have used a vacuum that has a lot of suction power and it didn't mess up my fleece. The reason sweeping messes up my fleece is because I like to sweep up the hay and pellet dust. I also like to sweep the hair off. So back to the vacuum, has anyone used it, if not do you think it will work well?

Just FYI, other people with fleece have used this cleaner, we've checked other reviews and sites. That's why we got this one and put it on the store. We didn't pick it out of the blue; this seems like the best one for fleece. If you are going for a cleaner, this will be a good choice. I also like it because it has a short snout so to speak, hay strands don't like long or windy paths that some cleaners have. For the money, it's a good option, while it's not battery-powered, at least the power (suction) will always be good (also preferable over usually cheaper non-corded versions). And, it's a reliable brand, unlike a lot of cheap knock-offs that are out there. You just don't see a bunch of reviews on our site because it's a new item for us.

Hope that helps a little.

CudsGwennyPash

Cavy Slave
Just FYI, other people with fleece have used this cleaner, we've checked other reviews and sites. That's why we got this one and put it on the store. We didn't pick it out of the blue; this seems like the best one for fleece. If you are going for a cleaner, this will be a good choice. I also like it because it has a short snout so to speak, hay strands don't like long or windy paths that some cleaners have. For the money, it's a good option, while it's not battery-powered, at least the power (suction) will always be good (also preferable over usually cheaper non-corded versions). And, it's a reliable brand, unlike a lot of cheap knock-offs that are out there. You just don't see a bunch of reviews on our site because it's a new item for us.

Hope that helps a little.

That is what I was looking for. Thanks :)

CudsGwennyPash

Cavy Slave
I am finally going to be getting my vacuum for my girls cage, however I am trying to decide between two types. I have seen several people say don't get anything below 14.4v but this is in amps and I don't know how to convert, and the converter calculators confuse me. So I was thinking about a shop vacuum. Out of this vacuum and a shop vacuum... which one do you think is best. I will only be sucking up poop, pellets, and hay dust. I will be picking up the strands of hay. So which one do you think is better for my uses, which one would you get?

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
You can use a shop vac someone here uses one. And just places the canister in the cage. The guinea pigs might not like it at first but they get used to it.

CudsGwennyPash

Cavy Slave
You can use a shop vac someone here uses one.

I know, that is why I am not sure which one I should get. I like the shop vac because it has a higher capacity, but it is hard to store. I like the bissel because of how it looks, it is easy to store. I don't really care about storage though, so do you think the shop vac is stronger... the one I am looking at is the same amount of amps as this but I am not sure if it would be stronger or not.

I also like the the bissel because it is more portable... I don't want to have to drag a big vacuum around in my cage, but maybe it would be better that way?

Last edited:

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
I'm in an apartment so I'd go with the Bissell. Just because its smaller and easier to store away.

CudsGwennyPash

Cavy Slave
I'm in an apartment so I'd go with the Bissell.

I am in an apartment too, so that is the obvious choice... I just worry that it isn't strong enough. Do you think that 4 amps is the equivalent to 14v?

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Oh hun you just asked the wrong person for that lol :D. My guess is yes.

CudsGwennyPash

Cavy Slave
Oh hun you just asked the wrong person for that lol :D. My guess is yes.

lol darn... I am just going to go with it then. If it isn't strong enough I will return it. Thanks for helping though :)

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Yea that's what I do I returned my last one cuz I didn't like it. Your welcome I try my best :)

daisy1cow

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
i have this one. I don't use that tool that is on it, but the hose that comes with it. Has lots of suction. Hay clogs it sometimes and I have to shake out the hose. Works great on poopies though. I do go through a lot of filters , My pigs are used to the noise and best investment I have EVER made!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.