Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia Coroflute in Melbourne?

Rybo5000

Cavy Slave
So I've finally, finally managed to find some grids to make a bigger cage for my girls.

And now I can't seem to find coroflute anywhere, I'm in Eastern Melbourne and ideally I'd like to find some pink or purple coroflute that could be delivered to me or isn't too far to travel as I have to rely on public transport.

Any fellow Melbournians know where I could go?

kirt15

Cavy Slave
Hey I got my corflute from bunnings but they only carry standard white corflute but the upside is it is fairly cheap, otherwise if you look at sign companies in your area they usually carry corflute for making signs and you may be able to get it in different colours. I hope this helps

KathyandWendy

Cavy Gazer
Hi hi sorry I can't answer your question but I just wanted to know where have you managed to get your grids from in Melbourne?nthe search for the holy grail continues ...:)

Rybo5000

Cavy Slave
Hey KathyandWendy,

I was really really lucky and managed to find some on clearance at Target just before Christmas!

The brand was 'Roommates' which is a kids furniture brand so you might get lucky and find some yourself but probably all gone now! :(

Rybo5000

Cavy Slave
Also kirt15 was the corflute very big from Bunnings? Their website only mentions a piece that is 120cm x 90 cm which obviously isn't big enough for a cage.

kirt15

Cavy Slave
Hey @Rybo5000 they aren't huge pieces so you can't make the base out of one piece but I stuck mine together and it works perfectly and made it a bit easier to build as I have an L shaped cage, also that way we could fit the pieces of corflute in the car and not pay any delivery.

Rybo5000

Cavy Slave
Thanks @kirt15 . How did you stick them together? Just with normal tape? I was worried that stuff might leak through the cracks or something.

kirt15

Cavy Slave
@Rybo5000 I used packing tape to stick the pieces together so it is strong stuff and quite wide so it covers the 2 pieces of corflute where they meet and when you have the bedding on top (I use fleece) then you usually don't have to worry. Good Luck!

BIGCHAT

Cavy Gazer
I got a real good deal from a corflute import from Smithfield, Sydney... they stock a range of sizes in 5mm and 2.5mm .. i brought some 5mm 915mm x 610mm sheets for only $6.00 ..my friend went there last week and brought some 2440mm x 1220mm white 5mm paid $20.00... super strong this stuff and he is into radio controlled planes so used some for that as well... great people to deal with.. www.polystick.com.au..think the company is called L&N GROUP....

My 3 little ones, murky, quirky, and perky love their new home!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.