Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Share Your Aquariums!

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
NO! Not guinea pig aquariums!! LOL Your fish aquariums :)

Right now I only have 2 aquariums; a 5.5 gallon with a betta/ 2 amano shrimps and a 75 gallon currently awaiting baby angelfish.(stuck up north)

my betta is named Spike and his tank mates are Thing 1 and Thing 2
Share Your Aquariums!

And here's my 75 gallon. It has gathered the name "Angel Paradise". It will hold 6 or 8 baby angelfish. Right now it has a coupla different live plants; hornwort and salivinia. I'll be getting MORE live plants! I currently has a very nice green-ish and tan-ish tint to it from the plants and driftwood. It's a really light tint and really hard to photograph :p
Share Your Aquariums!

MissJean

Cavy Slave
That is so cool! What's the upkeep like on aquariums?

I've always wanted those fish that look like syringes and the ones that look like Chinese dragons.

Ashleypikachu

Cavy Slave
Cool I have a freshwater aquarium I don't have any pictures but I might take some of it also how do you have 3 bettas in one tank? Wouldn't they fight?

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
That is so cool! What's the upkeep like on aquariums?

I've always wanted those fish that look like syringes and the ones that look like Chinese dragons.

If it is a non-planted(meaning no live plants) tank, the tank will require a certain percentage of water changes once a week. A fully planted tank usually doesn't require any water changes. My 5.5 gallon typically gets a water change once a month. And thats just to vacuum up poo/wipe off the algae on the walls.

Cool I have a freshwater aquarium I don't have any pictures but I might take some of it also how do you have 3 bettas in one tank? Wouldn't they fight?

There is only 1 betta and 2 shrimps in my 5.5 gallon. I'm not sure where you got 3 bettas from.

Owned by cavy

Cavy Slave
I currently have a 5 gallon tank holding one female beta named Violet. I don't have any pics on this computer, they must be on my laptop. But yours look awesome! I don't have any live plants in my tanks, the only place to get live plants from here have a serious case of ick. Every time I've tried to add live plants, I've ended up with major tank issues, so for now, just Violet, a hidey and some pretty fake plants. :) Will include a picture when I can!

Ashleypikachu

Cavy Slave
When you said tankmates I thought you meant there where two other bettas in it

asnnbrg

Cavy Slave
Share Your Aquariums!I think this is the best picture I have right now, and it's not the greatest. We have a 55 gallon tank with several tetras, a marbled molly (we need to get a couple more), a glassfish, two danios and an 8" pleco -- that's him, lol.

PrincessAngel

Cavy Slave
I have a collection of aquariums right now that are mostly empty (I really like fish!). I have a 2.5gal (which has no fish , but is a decoration in my bathroom with natural rocks), a 5gal (used as hospital tank now), 10gal (again, hospital tank right now), 20gal and my newest is a 29gal that my friend gave me! I swear I'm not a hoarder! I have 3 Goldfish in the 20gal but they will soon be in the 29gal once I refinish it. And I will be getting some tropical fish to put in the 20gal.

So I have 2 Fantail goldfish both are solid (mostly) orange. Their names are Sven and Boris. I also have a white and orange Ryukin goldfish and it's name is Yuri. Sven is the biggest and Yuri is the smallest.

This is Yuri (my favorite!)
Share Your Aquariums!
This is Yuri and erm I think Sven
Share Your Aquariums!
Here are all 3 of them
Share Your Aquariums!

I'm not sure what kinda of tropical fish I'm going to get. We usually have Mollies and Platy's and Guppies but I kinda want something different. We've had the neons and other small fish but I'm gonna keep researching some different tropical fish. I prefer to get my tropical fish from a small local petstore that specializes in fish and reptiles.

asnnbrg

Cavy Slave
I have a collection of aquariums right now that are mostly empty (I really like fish!). I have a 2.5gal (which has no fish , but is a decoration in my bathroom with natural rocks), a 5gal (used as hospital tank now), 10gal (again, hospital tank right now), 20gal and my newest is a 29gal that my friend gave me! I swear I'm not a hoarder! I have 3 Goldfish in the 20gal but they will soon be in the 29gal once I refinish it. And I will be getting some tropical fish to put in the 20gal.

So I have 2 Fantail goldfish both are solid (mostly) orange. Their names are Sven and Boris. I also have a white and orange Ryukin goldfish and it's name is Yuri. Sven is the biggest and Yuri is the smallest.

This is Yuri (my favorite!)
View attachment 40662
This is Yuri and erm I think Sven
View attachment 40663
Here are all 3 of them
View attachment 40664

I'm not sure what kinda of tropical fish I'm going to get. We usually have Mollies and Platy's and Guppies but I kinda want something different. We've had the neons and other small fish but I'm gonna keep researching some different tropical fish. I prefer to get my tropical fish from a small local petstore that specializes in fish and reptiles.

How do you get such good pictures of your fish? Mine always look like blurs?

I've got tropical community, but I have to say, the tropical semi-aggressive look very interesting. I don't want to go mixing and matching, though, so it'll be some time before we are able to convert. And even then, we may go to salt water instead. I don't know. That's years down the road.

PrincessAngel

Cavy Slave
How do you get such good pictures of your fish? Mine always look like blurs?

So I found out that when I use my DSLR with a flash I get AMAZING pictures of my fish. No flash and they are slightly blurry.I also have a waterproof camera that gets pretty good pictures from inside the tank too.

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
Such cute goldies! I love the pudgy little guys. They're so darn cute.

FluffyGuinea

Cavy Slave
I love aquariums, especially planted ones. I prefer planted tanks over the saltwater aquariums. @PrincessAngel I also prefer to get my fish from small local pet stores.

Here are mine:

5 gallon planted Betta Fish tank
It has some bamboo sticks in it (background)

Share Your Aquariums!

25 Gallon Molly Fish tank

Share Your Aquariums!

45 Gallon Community Tank (mollies, platies, gourami etc)
Share Your Aquariums!

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
Aw, you make me want some more fishes. I use to have a 110 cichlid tank, a 50 gallon with a breeding pair of angles, a 30 gallon with spotted puffers, a 20 gallon with fat litlte fantail goldies for the kids and a 5 gallon with pea puffers! If I get any fish again it will probably a little 5 gallon with some more pea puffers. Those things are so darn cute!

PrincessAngel

Cavy Slave
@FluffyGuinea , WOW Your Betta is BEAUTIFUL!!!! You make me want another betta fish! I just don't know where I would put his tank! I ended up getting rid of the fish tank in my room to make the pig cage bigger!

FluffyGuinea

Cavy Slave
@MrWhistles
It looks like you are going to have my dream tank. Your tank looks like it will be gorgeous once the plants have grown in. I hope to upgrade to sand and a big planted tank one day, with either angels or Discus. For right now sand is a little too messy and I don't have enough funds to deal with it. Have you considered a black background? I think planted tanks look a lot better with them.

@PrincessAngel
Thank you :). His fins get even nicer when they are flared. Usually I only see those types online, but I was lucky that I found him at a regular hole in the wall fish store :). They had many beautiful bettas there, in filtered tanks! (rare for bettas in pet stores). The five gallon tank is sitting on my study desk. It doesn't really take up much space at all. Obligatory disclaimer: Please don't put one a bowl, those things are depressing XD.

@asnnbrg
If you are looking for something different you should try some Bolivian or blue or electric blue rams, they are different looking from the other freshwater fish, relatively peaceful for a cichlid, and small so you don't need a huge tank, and if you are lucky you can buy them as a breeding pair. The Bolivians are the hardiest and largest. A pearl gourami is also pretty and peaceful as well. A large school of neons is also beautiful.

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
Actually I do have an aquarium now that I remember. I have an aquarium filled with Tenebrioninae (IE Darkling Beetles) some of you in the south/south west might be familiar with pinacate beetles and death feigning beetles from this family. I have 12 different species of these little guys and they are so fun and way, way, way easier to care for than fish. In fact I got my kids these beetles over choosing fish again because I have to do next to nothing to care for them. They are just like having some sort of confined house plant. Seriously, they are that easy.

The tank is a 10 gallon with 40 watt incandesant light bulbs for warmth, redecorated recently in Spider-Man to match my two boys' room.

Share Your Aquariums!

These are a black and blue death feighing beetle (respectively) common in Arizona, New Mexico and California desert areas

Share Your Aquariums!

A pinacate beetle, or other wise known as an elodes

Share Your Aquariums!

My son holding a black death feigning beetle

Share Your Aquariums!

monkeynthechimp

Cavy Slave
I have two tanks, each home for a murray river turtle. We initially had them together, but they fought to the point where blood was shed. So we had to set up a second tank! Sooo expensive! But general maintenance is quite inexpensive. Except they love plants, so they only last a week or so before they at devoured!
Sorry for the poor photos...
Share Your Aquariums!
This is Muz, begging for food
Share Your Aquariums!
Share Your Aquariums!

Share Your Aquariums!
This is Muz checking out the pillow mountain! He likes to free range out of the tank for a few minutes every now and then :)

cfoster1966

Cavy Slave
I have a 6.6 gallon Petco bookshelf Aquarium for my granddaughter's betta, Pinky Pinkster. He is hiding in the photos. It is 80% live plants a a couple silk ones to fill it in. One photo is what it looks like at night and the other is in the day. :)

Share Your Aquariums!Share Your Aquariums!

asnnbrg

Cavy Slave
@asnnbrg
If you are looking for something different you should try some Bolivian or blue or electric blue rams, they are different looking from the other freshwater fish, relatively peaceful for a cichlid, and small so you don't need a huge tank, and if you are lucky you can buy them as a breeding pair. The Bolivians are the hardiest and largest. A pearl gourami is also pretty and peaceful as well. A large school of neons is also beautiful.

We've actually got quite a few tetras. :) From what I understand, you can't really put cichilds in a tropical community tank, so I don't want to do that. I'll look into the gouramis. We had a couple about a year ago, but they didn't last long. :(

kltohlman

Cavy Slave
Ahhh I can't wait to get my iPad back to show pictures.
We have a 30 gallon tank with two green terrors. We were going to rehome them but then they had fry were pretty excited then we have another 30 gallon community tank(mostly scavengers so all we have to do is water changes) with some very interesting fish like an African butterfly gouramis upside down catfish and algea eater named Moby dick who's like 6-7inches an incedent (sp?) Shark there are a few other awesome bottom feeders that I can't to begin to think of their names

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.