Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

URI/Upper Respiratory Infection Nebulizing help needed

sierralj97

Cavy Slave
I have a guinea pig who was diagnosed with pneumonia on Oct 28. He has since been to the vet twice and had his meds changed . he is still not better but I've heard nebulizing can help so I bought a small handheld online and had it rushed to my house. It should be here Tuesday. Can I just hold it to his face?
How often and for how long should I do it?

I just want my baby to get better :(

I don't have any advice for the frequency and length, I assume it depends on the medication and the strength of said medication. However the most effective way to administer the nebulized medication would be to put the guinea pig into a makeshift chamber and have the nebulizer hooked up to the chamber, here is a thread with images from guinea lynx to give you an idea of what I mean https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1372435#1372435

Ditto @Soecara. If you've got a tank, build the chamber according to the GL instructions. If not, get a plastic box about that size -- they're very cheap. It's not hard to do.

Thank you for the help, but he passed away sometime during the day while I was at work :(

I'm really sorry about that! :(

My condolences for your loss.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.