Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

How Much? Daily weekly or monthly veggies?

Rach84

Cavy Slave
Just wondered which veggies an herb types the pigs can have daily weekly or maybe even less often? I tend to get as much of a variety as I can an swap out what they each day etc but I don't want to be giving them too much or not enough of anything xx

Everyday, each pig should get a cup of leafy greens. I split it up and give my pig half a cup of lettuce in the morning and half a cup for dinner.
I also give a slice of green pepper, a baby carrot, grape tomato, cilantro, parsley, apple chunks, or peas on the side.
Just make sure they are getting a variety and switch it up a little each day, also don't give too much fruit everyday because they don't need a ton of sugar :)

My other half - a fruit an veg man! Got chatting to a guy today who was buying a bumper load of cucumber for his rescue pig an he said they love banana skin!? I've never heard of this for pigs before - is it safe? Xx

My other half - a fruit an veg man! Got chatting to a guy today who was buying a bumper load of cucumber for his rescue pig an he said they love banana skin!? I've never heard of this for pigs before - is it safe? Xx
My ex gf's piggy LOVED bananas and I tried giving him part of the peel one time and he seemed to love it just as much. But I haven't heard if they are actually good or bad either so I limited the peel treat to very rare occasions. Any one want to weigh in on this one?

Bananna's can constipate guinea pigs! They must only be fed 1-2 a month! Please read that Cavy Feeding Chart I posted a link of! @Chuck and @Rach84

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.