Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What is one of the sweetest things your piggies have done?

Sabrina Clayton

Cavy Slave
:) Our baby Charlie used to just perch on us, before he became an explorer like his older brother. One day after work I was laying on the couch with him on my chest and we both fell asleep. My boyfriend picked him up about an hour later to put him back in the cage and he was sitting in the same exact spot. Left a few little poos but ya can't blame him!

Lemmiwinks likes to scurry and hide under my boyfriend's chin when I try to clip his nails. I hate being seen as the "bad guy" but it's so cute to see him look to one of us for comfort and protection. And I love during laptime when he'll climb up our shoulder and just sit on the back of the couch. It's flush with the wall so he just sits there letting us pet and scratch him all we want. He loves it!

Oh and also, sometimes when Charlie gets popcorny, he'll actually kind of roll around like a dog. It's so funny! He'll even get popcorny while I'm snuggling him in a towel!

My boyfriend and I like to each hold them at the same time. Then after a little while we'll lean in together and let the pigs trade places. They're usually super funny during this because Lemmy will get a little upset at Charlie for bothering his snuggles, Charlie will start popcorning, and then they'll crawl all over us until they decide on a comfy spot!

I love them both sooooo much :) I'm dying during this borning workday to just go home and be with them!

P.S. I absolutely love this thread... I always feel like a dork gushing over my cuties because nobody ever understands! I love it here!

photosavvy

Cavy Slave
:) Our baby Charlie used to just perch on us, before he became an explorer like his older brother. One day after work I was laying on the couch with him on my chest and we both fell asleep. My boyfriend picked him up about an hour later to put him back in the cage and he was sitting in the same exact spot. Left a few little poos but ya can't blame him!

Lemmiwinks likes to scurry and hide under my boyfriend's chin when I try to clip his nails. I hate being seen as the "bad guy" but it's so cute to see him look to one of us for comfort and protection. And I love during laptime when he'll climb up our shoulder and just sit on the back of the couch. It's flush with the wall so he just sits there letting us pet and scratch him all we want. He loves it!

Oh and also, sometimes when Charlie gets popcorny, he'll actually kind of roll around like a dog. It's so funny! He'll even get popcorny while I'm snuggling him in a towel!

My boyfriend and I like to each hold them at the same time. Then after a little while we'll lean in together and let the pigs trade places. They're usually super funny during this because Lemmy will get a little upset at Charlie for bothering his snuggles, Charlie will start popcorning, and then they'll crawl all over us until they decide on a comfy spot!

I love them both sooooo much :) I'm dying during this borning workday to just go home and be with them!

P.S. I absolutely love this thread... I always feel like a dork gushing over my cuties because nobody ever understands! I love it here!

I know exactly how you feel. I feel like a dork too because it seems like ever since I got my guinea pig he's all I ever talk about!My favorite momment of his thus far is when he finally got comfy in my house and started running laps around his cage and wheeking and pop corning, I thought that was adorable!! Who cares that it was late at night? lol

Nessy

Cavy Slave
Well you've all confirmed what we all know - guinea pigs are sweet!

The other day I was de-pooping the cage and Sunrise came up and licked my hand. Sweet.
I love the way they stretch out at snuggle time.
I think the sweetest thing was Shadow's reaction to her new cage mate (Shadow had been on her own in her previous home for quite some time and hadn't had much attention - sad and lonely piggy). Shadow went up to Sunrise, did a little sniff at her and popcorned for joy, then the two of them chased each other around in a happy way. Shadow lets Sunrise nick food right out of her mouth, she loves her!

photosavvy

Cavy Slave
@Nessy That is so sweet about Shadow!! I love how they stretch out too!! It's so sweet and I have to say one of the warmest things ever!! It seems like anytime I hold JJ he just wants to stretch out and snuggle. It's cute.

Nessy

Cavy Slave
@photosavvy thanks:)
Yes, when they stretch out it just melts the heart, and when they stretch out on you you know they trust you and like what you are doing and it really is a wonderful feeling. Wishing you lots of piggy-snuggles! xx

photosavvy

Cavy Slave
My baby is stretched out on me right now, he loves the sound of me typing on the keyboard it's adorable @Nessy

Sabrina Clayton

Cavy Slave
I know exactly how you feel. I feel like a dork too because it seems like ever since I got my guinea pig he's all I ever talk about!My favorite momment of his thus far is when he finally got comfy in my house and started running laps around his cage and wheeking and pop corning, I thought that was adorable!! Who cares that it was late at night? lol

Aww! My guys get zooms around 8 or 9 at night, but on weekends when I don't have to get up for work, my boyfriend and I will come home pretty late and the boys get so excited that they get super wild lol. It's so sweet to know that they're happy you're home :)

Sabrina Clayton

Cavy Slave
@Nessy I love that your babies can steal food from each other :) I practically pulled my hair out worrying about finding the right companion for my first pig, but it's so obvious that they love each other and will trade pieces of food, play tug of war with the same strand of hay, etc and they're so happy about it! I've never had any problems with them and its just melts your heart to know that they're so happy to have each other!

photosavvy

Cavy Slave
Earlier today I was letting JJ have free time in my room but I always block off under my bed and dressers and I couldn't find him so I was freaking out!!! and I found him under the bed just chilling I was so releived and then he gave me a kiss after i told him how worried he made me. It seemed like he was saying I'm ok, see mommy?? So Sweet!

aeiou

Cavy Slave
I dont have very affectionate pigs usually, but I do love when they fall asleep on you! It's only happened to me twice once when I first brought my skye home, and once after a bath with Reesie. But it melted my heart!

photosavvy

Cavy Slave
I dont have very affectionate pigs usually, but I do love when they fall asleep on you! It's only happened to me twice once when I first brought my skye home, and once after a bath with Reesie. But it melted my heart!

JJ normally isn't that affectionate either, which is why it was so sweet that he gave me kisses! I was thrilled.

NJPKL

Cavy Slave
Mine would probably be taking naps with me. I'll just be on the couch having lap time with him and he'll doze off and soon after I'll doze off. When he wakes up he always wakes me up because he'll put his little paw on my face and I can feel his whiskers on my nose it's uber cute.

omg *melt* adorable!

NJPKL

Cavy Slave
Mine would have to be during lap time. After I'm done brushing them/they've finished their veggies, they'll sometimes just jump up underneath my chin and cuddle all the while giving me little piggy licks/nibbles! ❤️

I LOVE when my piggies lick me! I feel so loved! :)

photosavvy

Cavy Slave
omg *melt* adorable!

IKR it's so hard to believe I've had him for a month and a half. It feels like it's been longer!!

AllThesePiggies

Cavy Slave
I LOVE when my piggies lick me! I feel so loved! :)

I know, me too! A lot of the time it's like they just use you for food and fresh veggies, but it's those moments like that that make you realize that they love you, too. :love:
Or, the more logical approach being they are licking the salt off your skin... but I like to believe that they love me lol

aeiou

Cavy Slave
Haha my pigs don't lick or sleep on me anymore, but hopefully that will come back after the two babes get out of adolescence!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.