Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My beloved Beaker

LitaLovesCavys

Cavy Slave
My beloved guinea pig Beaker passed away January 11th after mysteriously becoming ill the previous night. He was truly an amazing animal who came from a horrible situation (hoarding and abandoned), who was skittish, shy and scared, but after lots of love and patience became the happy sweet silly piggy that I'll always remember. We should all be so resilient. I tear up every time I think of his sweet face but smile every time I think of his silly ways. Even if I had known I would only have him for a year, I still would have adopted him. Because though this has been heartbreaking, he saved us just as much as we saved him. And for that I will always be grateful.

*Just a side note: They say exotic animals go quickly after becoming sick and that is certainly no exaggeration. And while often times there might be little you can do, it so very important to be aware of your piggy's behaviors to determine how they are feeling, as getting them to a vet quickly is essential. God bless Beaker and all the other Guinea Pigs in Cavy heaven. May they all have room to run, plenty of hay and friends with whom to play :)

Attachments

20131202_185150.jpg
I am so sorry for your loss. They leave their little paw prints on are hearts. Makes me so sad but we do need to believe he is happy in cavy heaven :)

I am so sorry for your loss. They leave their little paw prints on are hearts. Makes me so sad but we do need to believe he is happy in cavy heaven :)

Thank you so much :)

I'm so sorry. :(

Oh, sleep peacefully, Beaker. My girls will play with you wherever the animals go. :)

Oh, sleep peacefully, Beaker. My girls will play with you wherever the animals go. :)

Thank you so much. I like to think they're all just having a great time up there :)

Thank you so much

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.