Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

You know you're a guinea pig owner when...

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
When you swear you heard a squeak even after their no longer with you.

pigger123

Cavy Slave
When you get a giant bag of just the corn husks at the grocery store and everyone looks at you funny. And when they ask if you cook with them or something, you say, "No, they're for my guinea pigs, of course!"

Stephanieg518

Cavy Slave
When you have to put a towel down on your sofa so your guests can sit on it because your piggie peed on it and you haven't washed the slipcovers yet.
@Stephanieg518 I bought cameras too so I can have piggie cam 24/7!

Good, I'm not the only one that obsessed!

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
@Rywen and @Stephanieg518 what kind if cameras do you use and where did you get them. If your can post a pic that would be great. Sorry for jacking this thread :)

TheDNDWizard

Cavy Slave
When the first thing that pops up in your head after work is; I wonder what the pigs did today.

Stephanieg518

Cavy Slave
@Rywen and @Stephanieg518 what kind if cameras do you use and where did you get them. If your can post a pic that would be great. Sorry for jacking this thread :)
I got mine from amazon actually. The brand is "dlink" and it connects to your home wifi and then you can stream it from an app on your smart phone. A lot of people use them as live baby monitors. The one I use also has sound. Here is a pic I just took from my live feed.

Attachments

image.jpg

guineapigcraz27

Cavy Slave
When more than half of your to do list is filled with piggy related things.

MrsGuineaPig

Cavy Slave
-Any store I go into I think wow Mocha might be able to use that
-Going into JoAnn Fabrics and spending 30 minutes deciding which fleece would look better
-Your handheld vacuum gets clogged with hay
-Having hair all over you after handling them for a minute
-Hay all over the house
-Constantly hearing wheeking everyday (even when your pig is sleeping or you're out somewhere)

Icarus_Hermes

Cavy Slave
I change songs to piggie lyrics too! Poor boys have to hear my awful singing voice everyday. Most popular is singing "Baby Got Back" to my cuy, except I change it to: I like big boars and I cannot lie...

Biggest piggie mama moment was an early morning earthquake. I don't even remember getting out of bed. I was sleeping, the building was shaking, and next thing I know I'm hovering over their cage. The boys could care less about the quake, they just starting begging for morning veggies.

kanojochan

Cavy Slave
My boyfriend assumes that all the produce I buy is for the piggies... which it mostly is! XD
Hay is found in the most random places of the house.
I almost expect to hear whistles and wheeks and cage rattling when I start chopping veggies, whether they're for the piggies or not -_-

Rywen

Cavy Slave
@Starthecavy123 I bought mine on amazon.com, they are the Foscam HD wireless IP cameras.

mrcosta94

Cavy Slave
When you open the dryer door and two handfuls of hay come falling out because you forgot to shake off the towel used for lap time before washing it...yup. :rolleyes: :p

lost_lover

Cavy Slave
Despite having no human children, and not very good with them either, people frequently say to me "Spoken like a true mother" when I am talking about how you are responsible for making sure no one is just eating all of the yummy stuff and ignoring the other parts of their diet.

CavyLover88

Cavy Slave
When you go to petsmart and restock on hay, pellets and vitamin C and the cashier asks if you have guineapigs.....plus they comment on how big of a bag you have of hay

StarTaleMaddnes

Cavy Slave
When you spend more on your guinea pigs fleece than you do on your own sheets and towels

When you buy a separate vacuum just for cleaning up around the guinea pig cage

When you find pellets and poop rooms of your home your guinea pigs have never been in

And most importantly: When your family gets insulted because you can't spend all day with them because the guinea pigs need dinner.

Kiyisha

Cavy Slave
YES I HAVE A GOOD ONE!

You know you're a guinea pig owner when

You can sit by their cage for hours entertained by them bullying eachother, popcorning and ball dragging all over the place LOL

My husband and I sit nightly with the boys by their cage watching them and cheering them on yelling "POPCORN" or "BULLLLYYY" or "BALL DRAG" as they do it around the cage *giggles* we are immature, but have fun with our boys xD

Kiyisha

Cavy Slave
When you find poop in your pockets, at work, bra, bed, boyfriends beard...

LOL ......i found a poop in my jeans pocket the other day, idk how it got there hahahahahahaha I'm not even grossed out by piggy poop anymore

crowwulf

Cavy Slave
- When you have more pictures of your pigs on your phone or facebook page than of yourself (or your human children).
- You can talk for 30 minutes or more on the differences in personality of your individual pigs and their history/how they got their names.
- Friends forward you anything they find online related to guinea pigs because they know you're a "pig person".
- And for those of us here - You use your lunch break or other work breaks to check in on a guinea pig forum.

I like to sing "I like pig butts and I cannot lie" when I'm alone. Embarassingly, I have started singing it when I am not alone more than once.

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Or when you start talking about your pigs out of the blue or in the middle of a conversation :D

Guinepig

Cavy Slave
When you go around trying to communicate with your piggies

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.