Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Is my cage big enough?

Comely Guineas

Cavy Slave
If you are in Australia, you can build your own c&c however you like. You can get corflute or coroplast from Bunnings. You can buy the grids from https://www.guineapigsaustralia.com.au/, they are the cheapest I've found. You can make a 3x4 base out of the coroplast, just look on the internet for instructions.

Soecara

Cavy Slave
Yes a cage that is 3x4 in grids is an ideal size for two boars (it works out to be a larger than a 2x5 in square inches), particularly because some boars tend to get along better in wider cages.

Fantaziez

Cavy Gazer
Thanks both of you!
We're looking forward to building one.
If i have any questions, i'll ask!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'd definitely look for the materials in Australia rather than getting them shipped from GPCS. There are instructions for building a cage on the Main page of this site (see the tab at the top of this page). Shipping will cost you a fortune.

I think coroplast may be called correx or corflute in Australia. But you can use a shower curtain, or anything waterproof -- you just have to fix it so the pigs can't eat it. And you need something for the sides of the cage to keep them from flinging poop and hay all over the place.

Fantaziez

Cavy Gazer
I'd definitely look for the materials in Australia rather than getting them shipped from GPCS. There are instructions for building a cage on the Main page of this site (see the tab at the top of this page). Shipping will cost you a fortune.

I think coroplast may be called correx or corflute in Australia. But you can use a shower curtain, or anything waterproof -- you just have to fix it so the pigs can't eat it. And you need something for the sides of the cage to keep them from flinging poop and hay all over the place.
Hey. We found some at bunnings.

Piggly12

Cavy Slave
How did your cage turn out? Depending on where in Australia you are, Lincraft in Perth is now stocking grid packs (enough for 6 storage cubes) for $30, if you need any more and don’t want to pay shipping from GPs Australia.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.