Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Mattress Pad I'm in love with washable bed pads

Flowering

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone

I ordered these bed pads

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

I got them from amazon but im sure you can use them anywhere. They have a stay dry top layer which wicks water away to the second layer and the third layer is waterproof. So no need for liners or fleece.

Just thought I would share for anyone struggling with fleece. These smell so fresh they stay bone dry and are soo cheap!!

@spy9doc, if you have/create an amazon wishlist and add the item to the wishlist from the HTML page, then open a new Amazon page in none HTML, and click on the item in the wishlist, it shows properly :)

These sound good. Could they be used under fleece, so you don't have the look of bed pad? Or would the double wicking layers not work? Are these similar to yours @spy9doc, and how do you use yours?

My new piggy does not use the litter box, and now my "old" piggy has stopped using it, and I'm noticing urine odour, so was thinking of making some absorbent pads for high traffic areas that I could change daily, but that have a waterproof layer to prevent the main fleece bedding from stinking after a few days. Gotta work on getting those girls to use the litter tray!

Thanks for the info @spy9doc and @Flowering! These sound good, and i think I might give them a try, probably sewing some fleece on top. I'm looking at these, which are the same brand, but for a double bed: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00EO39...TF8&colid=21TVSOBZF7DIU&coliid=I2G7DOYLJ30FFM . Shame about the postage to France!
@spy9doc, I have a serger, so can overlock the edges as I cut them to the size I want. Do you sew before cutting to prevent the edges and layers from unravelling or stretching apart, etc?

This is a great idea for my new non-litter tray users! Last night, in an effort to encourage litter tray usage, I moved the tray to an area they had been pooping a lot, and Bubbles, bless her little heart, went into the corner where the litter tray had been, and unleashed a pile of poop on the connector! She loves pooping on the connectors! (I don't have coroplast sides, just on the base.)

Thanks very much, and bon dimanche! Off to clean my smelly cage!

Hi guys is the link a bad link still? Yes these are UK but I'm sure you can get them on Amazon.com
I just wanted to add that I use mine without fleeve because they wick away wetness straight away and stay dry. They can take up to 3 liters of liquid until they need to be changed so more than enough absorbency. Also the hay is easy to brush off too.

Yes, that's precisely the reason. Try it both ways, but I think sewing before cutting is much easier.

Pooping on the connectors?? One of Chester's "guilty pleasures" is to poop in the corner (where the litter box isn't) and I'll swear he aims for the corner and the wall. He only seems to do this for his first major poop of the morning, rarely other times. Like you, no matter if I move the litter box.......he'll use the other corner. Today is major cage clean for me as well.

Thanks @spy9doc! They are funny critters, aren't they! I decided to get smart, and made a nice cushy litter box with a fleece liner, and (after the cage clean) Bubbles went straight in and did her business! I'm hoping that she'll get used to it, and then I can change it from fleece to litter.

However, I have just bought the double version of the bed pads recommended here. They are a pale green, so dependent upon their look, I may not sew fleece to them at all. I'll have to cut them up though as I only want to cover certain areas. I'll let you know how we get on!

Here is a pic of mine they are quite big but I like the fact it's big!

These pads can fit a 2x5 cage
I'm in love with washable bed pads

You can get these pads in pink or other colours depending on taste

The best thing about these pads is that there is no need to pre-wash or worry about wicking and sewing waterproof layers etc. It's just one pad and it lasts for days on end. I actually got a bot board with nothing to change lol. Please note I currently have a kitchen area/tray also so makes everything last twice as long

Thanks for the pic @Flowering! It does sound nice and easy to use them like that. It looks good with the pink fleece. Thanks for the recommendation!

Thanks for the pic @Flowering! It does sound nice and easy to use them like that. It looks good with the pink fleece. Thanks for the recommendation!

Aww your welcome. Just glad to help others xx

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.