Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fruits?

Hooray4Ashley

Cavy Slave
I was reviewing the chart on the fruits section. My piggies LOVE fruit so I was looking at how often I could give it to them. It says watermelon (their favorite by far!) is 1-2 times a week. Is that for the fruit itself, or can they have the rind more often? I think they love the rind about as much as the fruit itself.

Also, It says strawberries and raspberries can be given almost daily. Is this accurate?

What fruits do your pigs tend to like best that are the best for them?

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I would only give the rind 2-3 times per week.

Also, It says strawberries and raspberries can be given almost daily. Is this accurate?
Yes but that is like 1/2-1 strawberry per pig or 1-2 raspberries per pig and not both on the same day. With fruits you want to keep them to a minimum.

My girls really enjoy kiwi. They are a good source of Vitamin C and I give my girls kiwi at least once per week. They also get apple once either every week or every other week and once in a great while they get a grape each and on rare occasions they get raisins. My girls with eat any kind of fruit except strawberries and oranges. They will only eat strawberry tops, go figure.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.