Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog I need support for my loss.

Blog entry from old forum

ASHLEYLEWIS6565

Cavy Slave
:weepy: Please help me understand!! This is a sad story. My youngest piggy Abby was purchased from a vendor at an all pet swap we visited. When I got her I was told her birth date was February 2011. I never thought she could be pregnant. We just confirmed she was a girl this past weekend and was holding her, there was no signs she could be pregnant. Well Tuesday around 5:30 I made a horrifying discovery She had two pups one was half eaten and the other was alive but in bad shape. I stayed with it and helped it the best I could tell it passed away at 2:30 am. I am posting my story because I want to know if any one has experienced this or knows why this happen. I housed all my piggies together. Three females the other two are three years ( Lola) and two years (Snow Ball) in age. The three year old (Lola) is a dominator over the other two. I am at a lost, I have them in a large cage and feed them premium Guinea pig food. I give them hay. and they get fresh fruits and veggies daily. On a positive :) note Abby is doing good she passed what I believe to be after birth and is showing no signs of distress. I am sad that this happen and mad at the vendor I got her from. :mad:

Deb's4Pigs

Cavy Slave
The vendor wouldn't care. He got his money. I'm sorry the babies died but at least mommy is doing well. Keep an eye on her.

ASHLEYLEWIS6565

Cavy Slave
I am watching her often! She seems sad, I called the vet they said the same thing to watch her for the next few weeks. I am still trying to understand why this happen. From everything I have read Guinea pigs don't eat their own.

Ash-Ro060708

Cavy Slave
If it was a stillborn and she was cleaning it she could have "cleaned" too much because it didn't make noise once she started biting into it. Guinea pigs don't kill and eat living babies.

fitta

Cavy Slave
Im so sorry for your loss!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.