Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog I miss them...

Blog entry from old forum

idramaxx0

Cavy Slave
Before I truly dove into this website and right before I was about to construct my first C&C(-esque) cage, I lost my first 3 babies very suddenly. The first 2 (Link and Simba) passed on the same day back in mid-July due to what was most likely a parasite from their hay and the third (Thenardier) passed 2 weeks later due to scurvy because I opted to buy the cheaper rabbit food figuring they had the same ingredients minus vitamin-c but I was using a supplement in their water (I know now that those do NOTHING). The vet told me there was absolutely nothing I could do for the first 2 and that the situation was beyond my control. Losing Thenardier made me feel like a terrible mother and that I didn't take care of him properly. I now have 4 wonderful boys in a huge C&C cage that I'm doing tons of research on and making sure they are as healthy and happy as possible. Obviously the passing of my babies hit me very hard, but I am still so upset over it. I mean, I broke down crying for almost an hour the other night when going through pictures of them in there old store bought cage. Is it normal to still be this heartbroken 6 months later? I don't know how much of it is because I miss them so much or because I have this immense guilt that even though I thought I was doing everything right for them I really did nothing right at all. My friends think I'm crazy, this is the only place where people actually understand my love for my piggies.

I just wish I could do it all over again. I would have done everything differently. The 3 bestest babies in the world would still be here today. R.I.P. Inky Boy, Timba and Baby T :love: I hope all is well in the big piggy world in the sky.

Deb's4Pigs

Cavy Slave
You did the best you could at the time. At least you finally found this site. When I was a kid I did everything wrong. Only had one, fed him rabbit pellets because I had a rabbit and it was cheaper, and let him and my rabbit run loose in the backyard.

Now I know better.

PooTrishy

Cavy Slave
I understand how you feel. When I was younger, one of my pigs passed away due to a bad cold... I was pretty sure he got it from me having him outside until passed dark when it was chilly... well this was about 7 years ago, and every now and then I still look back on it and feel sad and guilty. I guess it never goes away. All we can really do is learn from our mistakes and do the best to educate ourselves so it doesn't happen again.
I can also relate to you and your friends thinking your crazy. All mine do as well haha. My boyfriend especially thinks I'm bonkers over how much I love my babies.. but how could I not? Haha... I got them about a week ago... and I can see them slowly winning him over :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.