Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog My cavy is sick

Blog entry from old forum

punkpiggies

Cavy Slave
Hey everyone,

Marceline is sick. Her eyes are watery and her nose and ears are dirty. She also almost vomited today. I'm going to call the vet tomorrow to get her checked ASAP. I hope it's nothing serious, but we just have to wait and find out.

PeanutnCookie

Cavy Slave
Guinea pigs can not vomit, so it was probably something else. Spasm?

punkpiggies

Cavy Slave
PeanutnCookie;bt8168 said:
Guinea pigs can not vomit, so it was probably something else. Spasm?
oh shit! I had absolutely no idea guinea pigs can't vomit. I feel pretty stupid right now. Thank you for correcting me. If she wasn't vomiting I think it was some sort of cough attack? All I know if that it didn't look okay and I'm taking her to the vet. Thank you for replying

Cavies are love

Cavy Slave
Please don't swear!!!
do you know of any other symptoms guinea pigs can get ??? Mine aren't acting themselves ��

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
if they're not acting themselves, loosing weight, lethargic and aren't eating or drinking take them to the vet asap @Cavies are love

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
And i hope she feels better!!!!

FiFi.Flowerscot

Cavy Gazer
My piggy Sammy has had this, its like a lil barky cough / gagging noise, usually this is due to him eating to fast but also due to his teeth as hes had to have his teeth sorted twice plus he is prone to chestyness.
His symptoms are usually wheezing / drooling / coughing / watery eyes, he drinks alot but still eats, can be quite tired but playful at other times.
He gets daily painkillers and whenever hes wheezy or extra drooly I'm allowed to give him antibiotics that are kept in the fridge, I just have to contact the vet as and when he needs further meds but he gets a lil mot from her to.
I'm now currently thinking hes Diabetic as have contacted the vet as he has watery eyes but now also cloudy so awaiting a reply on if he needs to be seen :S
Hows Marceline doing? :love:
FiFi x

Cavies are love

Cavy Slave
punkpiggies;bt8169 said:
oh shit! I had absolutely no idea guinea pigs can't vomit. I feel pretty stupid right now. Thank you for correcting me. If she wasn't vomiting I think it was some sort of cough attack? All I know if that it didn't look okay and I'm taking her to the vet. Thank you for replying

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.