Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

HI!! Newbie here, and need help naming my new babies. :-)

Catgyrl68

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone!

On Saturday, I became the proud mommy of two adorable baby girls. I've got them housed in a 2x4 C&C cage, and they're having a blast exploring their new surroundings. I'm waiting for their "apartment decorations" to come in the mail at the end of this week, but so far they're enjoying their purple pigloo and wooden house.

I tried observing their behavior and initially gave them the names "Malie" (Hawaiian for tranquil/calm), and "Kolohe" (Hawaiian for rascal). However, after further observation, those names don't really fit. The one I thought was rascally, actually hides and runs away more, and is a bit domineering; while the "quiet" one is very sweet, outgoing, rarely hides, and is ALWAYS eating in the bistro. They quibble with each other, yet I also see them snuggled up together (So freakin' adorable!). I was thinking they're more like "Laverne and Shirley", personality-wise, but I'd like some cuter-sounding names.

Does anyone else have any name suggestions? Right now, I'm calling them both Sweetie. :eek:

I'm attaching a pic. The top one (with more brown coloring) is the shyer one, and the bottom one is the outgoing, friendly one.

Thanks, everyone!

Attachments

image.jpg

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Milkyway, Cocoa, Molly, Lilly, Hershey, Chocolate, Milkdud, Reeses, Rolo, Sally, Ally, Brownie, Fudge, Caramel, Peppermint,

They look like chocolate Candies

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Frick and Frack, they are very cute!

MrsGuineaPig

Cavy Slave
Daisy and Lilly

maddy harper

Cavy Slave
hi and welcome aboard
glad you found us
hope you find it useful and helpful here
enjoy your time here.

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Well, I love the name Miffy for the shy pig (Miffy the rabbit was always a personal favourite growing up!) an the more outgoing friendly one looks like a Mocha :)

sallyvh

Cavy Slave
Lol I love Laverne and Shirley! My 4 pigs have old lady names! Actually all of my pets have people names :)

My pigs are named Margaret, Gretchen, Penelope and Olive but here is a list of other names I considered:

Harriet
Mable
Hazel
Beatrice
Flora
Clary
Alice
Winnie

Let us know once you decide!

guineapigcraz27

Cavy Slave
Cup and Cake
Maple and Syrup
These are some names I thought of of the top of my head but hopefully you can find some more creative names lol.

Pipandpoppy

Cavy Slave
Bubble and squeak

Lilly
tris
hazel
pip
saphy
marlene
mai
davia
candy
cocoa

labgirl5

Cavy Slave
I like Winnie and Mae!

Catgyrl68

Cavy Slave
Thank you all for your suggestions! I had settled on Snickers and Butterfinger, when I got some bad news. My landlord stopped by the other night and saw them, and told me, under NO uncertain terms, was I allowed to have pets of any kind in my apartment. I've lived here for over 10 years, so it took me a while to dig out my lease agreement. But lo and behold, there it was typed in TINY letters "no pets of any kind". I panicked and had to scramble to find them a new home. I looked no further than my grand-niece whose guinea passed away last year. She's a very responsible 8 year old who loves all animals. Sure was NOT fun carrying all this crap to her place, but what's done is done. I'm so disappointed. But I know they have a loving home. :)

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Aww that sucks at least you can still see them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.