Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Having Trouble

raqui_rosie

Cavy Slave
I am new here and have had my 2 girls (Raquel and Rosaline) for 2 months. They are great but a little shy still. Raqui will allow me to pick her up but is very squirmy and tries to bite and climb/jump off my lap. Rosie is harder to catch but when I do get her out she sits still and enjoys being pet. Raqui is the dark brown Abyssinian and Rosie is the lighter short haired. They have a 2x3.5 cage and get plenty of different vegetables every day (their favorite is green pepper). The one problem I am having just started recently. both girls like to get under the fleece (which is clipped to the chloroplast walls) and run around or the towels. they tear down a small part of fleece in the corner and get under. they have a lot of fun under the fleece, chasing eachother and popcorning, but they make a mess that is hard to clean and I am afraid they might suffocate. has anybody ever had this problem? if so how did you solve it? any suggestions of what I can do to keep my girls on the fleece instead of under it?

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Try putting cobblestones in the corners, and still keep the clips. They won't be able to shift the cobblestones even if they do pull it out from the clip :)

piggydaddy1

Cavy Slave
I made sure that the fleece has plenty of binder clips to hold it to the sides and make sure there is 3 to 4 inches on the back side so they can't. I also clip the fleece, sides and cage together giving it a stronger fit.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.