Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Babyproofing questions

dongtian

Cavy Slave
Hi all!

With my girl probably having three weeks or so before the babies come, I figured I might as well get the cage baby proofed. I got an extra set of grids and I'm doubling them up (since I'll need that for a cage eventually anyway, I'm sure.) My question is if I have the cage backed up against a wall, does the back side need to be baby-proofed as well? Is it better to have the extra set of grids on the outside, or inside? I'm worried that if it's on the inside, there's more space between the two grids and they might somehow wiggle in between?

I've included a picture of the space between the cage and the wall, although I think it should be pretty clear...

Babyproofing questions

(I may be moving again soon, while the babies are still small, so the less grids I'll have to transport the better.)

You can put cardboard or extra coroplast between the coroplast base and grids instead of overlapping grids to babyproof.

Aha! I forgot about the cardboard thing.

Yeah, there's maybe a centimeter or two space because of the panel at the bottom so I was worried. I'm glad I asked!

Will definitely be sourcing out cardboard over the next few weeks and fixing it up then! Thank you both!

I used scrap coroplast and cardboard the last time I had a young one. It worked great and it stayed tightly in place between the coroplast and grids. I slightly overlapped the pieces so there wouldn't be any gaps. It wasn't as high as the top of the grids. It was probably about 9 or 10" high.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.