Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Not Eating My guinea pig is done fighting, But im not

GreyWish

Cavy Champion
Cavy Gazer
Shes been bullied out of food one to many times....and this time i think its taking a toll on her
In the past she would fight back and want to live and eat out of the serenge but...now shes refusing it...she doesnt want anything :/ she just wants to...let go :'( i cant let her go....i dont want to feel like i could have done somthing
the vet is closed...and the ER vet is like an hour away and i cant use my car :'( im helpless....
What do i do? i cant let her die without giving my all to her
please help me :'( what do i do.....shes on her death bed...she will die in the next few hours if i dont get her well NOW
Please please help :'(

My_3_LittlePigs

Cavy Slave
That's terrible! :-( Is she separated from the pig that is bullying her?

GreyWish

Cavy Champion
Cavy Gazer
yes, right now she is laying with me on my bed, because i cant get her to eat :(

LuvCavysLuvCats

Cavy Slave
Force feed her a pellet slurry ASAP! Do you happen to have syringe? If not you can use a turkey baster. Just crush up pellets with the back of a spoon really well and add some water.

Rayen

Cavy Slave
I would keep trying with the syringe feeding. She may not accept the syringe politely, but if you can ease the tip into the side of her mouth and get a small amount in she'll probably eat it. That's what I've been doing for my abscess boy who's on critical care right now, he will wiggle and roll and flail and bite but I can still get him to eat several mL with a bit of patience. Also make sure you go through your fridge and really look at the vegetables you have, even things you don't feed often. My guy rarely gets any, but he would eat large leaves of romaine lettuce while refusing everything else, for example.

GreyWish

Cavy Champion
Cavy Gazer
She just had a very short seizure.....im trying to hold out hope that she will make it through the night but she wont let me feed her
As i was typing this she had another short seizure

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
If you are unable to get her to a vet, I would just make her comfortable and let her pass in peace.

GreyWish

Cavy Champion
Cavy Gazer
I cant get her to a vet and sinced i typed that last post she had 4 more seizures
She cant hold up her head and i think even if i could get her to a vet, i think shes beyond help....
Ive got her on the bed with me and all she wants to do is lay against my knee
I think ill be lucky if she lives another 30 minutes

GreyWish

Cavy Champion
Cavy Gazer
She has passed.
Im in so much pain right now, ive never lost a guinea pig before...

addicted2piggie

Cavy Slave
So sorry for your loss <3

PiggieWigglies

Cavy Slave
I know that feel <\3 Im sorry. Almost a month ago my pig Max passed. The heartache goes away dont worry. Google the rainbow bridge poem. Its comforting

Guineapigpro

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your loss. I know that she loved you so much. She was ready, I think.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.